• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

don't give up hope i was refused 3 times and two weeks ago got another lett, i opened it thought here we go again but i was accepted for funding I WAS SO HAPPY I CRIED anyway i'm not much further on yet waiting to see surgeon but in my heart i know now i've crossed that hurdle and it's hopefully only a matter of time now.
BUT SO IMPATIENT xx

Hi everyone. Sorry been a while since I updated my progress. Been to see surgeon and as I thought have to start while process again but he said that now funding definitely agreed it should take about 4 months. Got appointment to see dietician and group session on 30th November but not sure what happens after this because this is only as far as I got 2 and a half years ago when I started my battle for funding.

At least I know its going to happen just a waiting game now, but I'm very impatient!!

Tracey x

thats great! good luck Tracey :) xxx

Hi all well had my appointment on the 30th and was told there may be some dates in January that u can be recommended for. The team meet on 5th dec to discuss cases so if the team agree I might get one of the dates :) going to be a long week now :-(.

good luck tracey x

Hi all well still no date, why am I not surprised, build up my hopes then bring me down again!! Rang the hospital administer for the bariatric team on 02/12 to be told the team did not meet that week, but she was aware I wanted one of the dates in January and would be discussed on 08/12. Then tuesday this week I got a letter from hospital with a date for a post op follow up for march 2012!! Well this confused me as I still did not have my date for the op so I rang again on 09/12 to be told that they still haven't discussed my case!! This really messes with your mind especially when I had to fight for so long for the funding.

I hope I hear something this week will be nice to have a date before Christmas, but I wonder if anyone else has had this happen to them?

Thanks
Tracey
X

How frustrating for you Tracy, do they give you a reason why they are turning you down?! If they follow NICE guidelines then surely you meet the criteria?! Well good luck with your meeting, lets hope they have a bit of Christmas spirit and give you the green light this time xxx

welcome Tracey...dont give up xxx

I know someone who enlisted the help of ther MP to fight on her behalf. It did work. Sometimes I wonder if you get refused they think you will just go away???
Just never give up.. your turn will come xx

Got Date!!

Well after hounding the admin at Homerton Hospital for the last 2 weeks, I had the call today with my op date and it's 9th January...so excited, not sure if I will be able to function this afternoon at work lol.

Got to go to the hospital 23/12/11 for pre-op assessment and another group session, so not sure what to expect with this, but one more step closer.

Love one happy bunny
Tracey
xx

Hi Tracey,
I fought for over two years and was refused but got my funding in august and had my surgery last Tuesday so decisions can change. I know it's hard but you hang in there and keep fighting because you are worth it.
Good luck with your appeal xxx

Hi Tracey

really pleased to her you have a date hope your familly are giving you the support you need and i hope you op goes really well good luck babe.:)

Tracey, your pct does not come from your postal address. It comes from your gp's.

Just change flipping doctors girl :)

Good luck with the appeal xxxx

poor thing, i think its disgusting that they won't provide the funding in some areas, it should be the same across the country. let us know how you get on at your next meeting, keeping my fingers crossed for you x

Back