• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie from South East London

Missie

Hi All,

I am new to the WLS forums and until recently never knew they existed. I must say it is quite comforting to find so many people who are either going through or have gone through many of my trials and tribulations in life with my ongoing weight issues. I have recently decided on WLS although have considered it in the past. Having researched the internet it pretty much looks like the RNY Bypass is my best way forward although I am open to suggestions and looking for others experiences to ensure I have made the right WLS decision. I am from South East London and have been referred to Dr Patel at Kings College Hospital. Does anyone have any first hand experiences with either Mr Patel or anyone else on his team? If so please let me know.

I will look forward to speaking with you all. :)

Missie
-x-

Hi Missie and :welcome2:to the forum. You will get to know lots of people on here; and find lots of information relating to weight loss surgery. I`m sure someone will be along soon to advise you from your area.

Just wanted to wish you well, and not ignore your post.

Love Kat x

Hi Missie and :welcome: to WLS....its nice to have you here. Im from Manchester so dont know your hospital or surgeon but Im sure there are people here will will know them. Good luck on your journey, I am a bypass patient. Oct 4th 2010, and its the best thing I ever did :D XX

:welcome2:Good luck and a very warm welcome Missie. Wishing you all the very best of everything on your wls journey. Sending love and hugs xxx

howdy Missie, i have read stuff on Mr Patel somewhere and im sure it was all good. Try the search facility on here or on google and search for him or the hospital :)

Sometimes its best to talk it out with the team and give them an honest account of your eating habbits - they'll suggest what they think is best for you. of course if you feel something else would be better, you need to fight your corner!

Good luck x

Welcome, where in East London u from???

Hi All,

I am new to the WLS forums and until recently never knew they existed. I must say it is quite comforting to find so many people who are either going through or have gone through many of my trials and tribulations in life with my ongoing weight issues. I have recently decided on WLS although have considered it in the past. Having researched the internet it pretty much looks like the RNY Bypass is my best way forward although I am open to suggestions and looking for others experiences to ensure I have made the right WLS decision. I am from South East London and have been referred to Dr Patel at Kings College Hospital. Does anyone have any first hand experiences with either Mr Patel or anyone else on his team? If so please let me know.

I will look forward to speaking with you all. :)

Missie
-x-
Yes I have, 2 years ago now, you will speal alot with Beth after you have it done. Fire away if you need help. Having said that Im having my own problems at the moment keeping weight off =(

Hello and a big welcome to the forum.
Grace xxx

Hi Missie and :welcome2:to the forum. You will get to know lots of people on here; and find lots of information relating to weight loss surgery. I`m sure someone will be along soon to advise you from your area.

Just wanted to wish you well, and not ignore your post.

Love Kat x
Cheers Katkit1, well done on your weight loss to date keep up the good work

:)
:welcome2:Good luck and a very warm welcome Missie. Wishing you all the very best of everything on your wls journey. Sending love and hugs xxx

Luv the warm welcome Bev much appreciated. Good Luck with your surgery today hope all goes well.:)

Hi Missie and :welcome: to WLS....its nice to have you here. Im from Manchester so dont know your hospital or surgeon but Im sure there are people here will will know them. Good luck on your journey, I am a bypass patient. Oct 4th 2010, and its the best thing I ever did :D XX

Hiya Jacqui, congrats on your progress to date and all the best in reaching your target weight.:)

Back