• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie in Surrey

ThinnerJemima

Here all the time.....
Had my gastric band in July, best thing that I have ever done in my life. Have lost 23kg so far, but weightloss has stalled, am not too worried as in this for the long term and the rest of my life.

Hi and welcome the forum Jemima. I'm a bypasser rather than a bander but I do know that it's very common to have a stall around this time so don't worry, things will start to shift soon enough. The band section on the forum is great for getting advice with loads of people with loads of experience on bands.

Look forward to chatting.

Kate x

Try changing it up a bit, I don't know if your like me but I tend to stick to the same sort of foods?
Also new research has shown things like crackers/crunchy things help the nerve endings do something.....I Sound a bit thick on this but call your dietitian I'm sure they have this info on the new research xxxx good luck xxxx

hi Jemima and welcome

I'm the same, I stick with the same foods, and now as I've experimented with some foods that hurt, I'm even more picky than ever. Crackers are not for me, no way they are passing my lips again, way too sore!

Need to mix up my exercise routine a bit. Getting more protein is my priority at the moment, got a great tip from Kate (Mrs Quiggle) last night about adding skimmed milk powder, so will be giving that a whirl next.

Back