• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie - One week post surgery

blitzcraigbop

I had my sleeve surgery last Thursday, Feb 10th. I just completed the clear liquid post-op, and start on full liquids today. So far so good! I was able to return to work on Tuesday, and have lost 10 lbs since surgery. I lost 18 during the pre-op stage. When I began my journey last May, I was around 340. As of this morning, I'm at 275.5. So, I'm excited to see how the path continues. I'm looking forward to getting to know others' stories and successes as well as advice.

Hello there! and welcome to the forum. It sounds like you are doing very well so far.
Grace xxx

Thanks Grace! I'm trying to make sure I'm following the dietician's instructions as closely as humanly possible. It took a few days to figure out what a truly small sip is.

I used (and still use!) a toddler's 'sippy' cup, the kind with a spout. It helps tremendously and you don't swallow air either.

Very well done, it sounds like you are doing so well... I'm not far out from your stage and it's certainly an exciting journey.

It would be truly lovely to hear from you.

With warmest wishes, Bev xxx

Learning the hard way today that the full liquids are quite different from the clears.

I had mine done in Houston, TX. So far, I feel great. My excitement over being able to have the surgery has really kept me from reflecting negatively on the liquid diet. Yesterday or the day before may have been the first day that the thought of solid food started sounding good.

Hello and :welcome: sounds like your doing really well!

Good luck on your journey!!!

Welcome mate, glad your doing well. :)

Back