• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

shell13

hi.im a patient at south tees under mr dresner
.i have been given a percentage of weight to lose over 3
month.i have acheived that ,and am back to see mr dresner on monday 15th july.i am waiting for the gastric bypass.could anybody say what the next step is please.
there are a lot of wonderful experienced people on this forum.

Hi and welcome, I was referred to mr dresner last month from the weight management but was told due to annual leave I won't get my first app till September , so just wanted to say hi and sorry I carnt help as I'm just beginning my journey ,it's nice to see someone else from James cook here! Good luck x

Hi and welcome

I was 'done' elsewhere so can't answer but good luck with your journey xx

I was done in north Tyneside, I am assuming they are similar, I basically was accepted for surgery, booked in for the camera down, then the pre op and then the surgery. I have been on this journey for roughly 18mths but the last section took only two weeks from saying yes. Said yes, provisional date, visit to dietitian and pharmacist for liver reduction diet and post op diet, then camera then pre op then D DAY :D

thankyou all for your responses.its good for someone to be at the same hospital.im so dreading the camera down again.ive had that 3times now coz of stomach problems,and the last time was the worst.i was told from seeing mr dresner on monday,as long has i've lost the weight i was told to.it should be about 3month to the op.
i wish you all well in your journeys,and love to keep in touch throughout our journeys.
take care.
michelle.x

hi shell, it will be the seminar , seems along way off but i hope with the summer hols fast approaching it will fly by. I am already sheading the pounds just hope that they take that into account from when I was referred. would love to keep intouch, lisa x

Hi cant help you with the next step as I was bypassed down in dorset, but just want to wish you all the luck in the world on your journey. xxx

thankyou amanda577 for replying.also lisa im sure the time will fly by.i had 3month to wait too,but on monday my times up.hoping i dont have long to wait until my op.you are quite welcome to pm me ,i just wouldnt know how to.im new on here so just learning.keep up the good work with the weight loss,then everything should be fine,but just be careful coz they give you a percentage to lose at the seminar.
take care.
michelle.x

hi shell, im also new and still working my way round the site , still not figured out how to pm ,think I need 50 posts or something, anyways good luck on Monday :) x

thank you.well we will have to reach our 50posts each.then we will be able to pm.hopefully we will have fathomed out how to do it by then.haha. take care.x

Hi molpoppy,how are you doing? I have another endoscopy on 4th sept,not looking forward to that again.have you had any appointments
Take care
Michelle

Hi Happy days I am starting my journey at Sunderland. Went for the Seminar last Wednesday and I have my first consultation on 6th of September. Everyone I met seemed really supportive and easy to get on with. No judgemental stares was quite a refreshing change. I was wondering at what point do I have the pleasure of having the camera down =0)

Hi tracey -angela.
I think from reading lots of threads on this forum .it seems everywhere is different,so i wouldnt like to say,also not everyone has to have an endoscopy.sorry i couldnt be more help.
Take care
Michelle

Hi shell, sorry i havent been on here for a long time , i have my seminar on monday, im very nervouse , dont think ill have any news till after ill keep you posted, also good look with your endoscopy something im not looking foward to ,keep smiling lisa x

Hi lisa.nice to hear from you.i know what you mean,i was nervous,but honestly all that happend was they weighed everyone,then we had a film shown of all the different op's.then they gave each person a card back with a percentage of weight to lose.then they rang back next morning to see if you wanted to go ahead and which op you thought.let me know how you get on.i carnt wait to get this endoscopy out of the way,at least its on a morning this time.will let you know how it goes.
Take care.
Michelle.x

Hi moloppy.
Just to let you know i am thinking about you.let us know how it goes tommorrow.
Take care lisa.
Michellex

hi shell, it went well last night was so much info to take in, everyone got there 10% to loose but mine was 0kg as I have already lost a good bit through weight management, also jo said to just try n loose some more as the more I loose the safer it will be , also she has referred me to the sleep clinic to get tested and she is making me a new app for 3 months to give me time for the tests , that's about it I think im just gonna plod along and wait, fingers crossed the tests are ok but who knows anyways mr d was really nice , not what I expected I was so shakey till he started speaking then I was fine take care lisa x

Well done lisa.so glad you have got that over with.there is loads to take in isnt there.i didnt have to go to the sleep apnea clinic.did they give you an idea of how long the wait for the op would be?
Take care
Michellex

Back