• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi shell, mr d said he has just got on top of a backlog from a bed shortage over winter, he said in 4 weeks he has done 31 ops. And the average wait is now back to 12/18 weeks, but with me needing tests I'm 3 months b4 my nx appointment , but would rather wait 3 months n make sure than well ya know complications but I'm on the right path now so just gotta get this test outa way x

Yea.i know what you mean.well i am so glad things are moving forward for you.i went in april to the seminar ,and yhey did have quite a back log.hes done wrll really then to catch up.mr dresner is doing the endoscopy tommorrow,so hopefully i will get to know more.i will let you know.
Take care
Mchelle

Hi.had the endoscopy today.glad its out of the way now.mr dresner said i should have op end september beg october.so a bit nervous now.i didnt expect it to be so soon,even though its over a year since i started this journey
Take care.x

Thankyou Ines4.
Ive started thinking now its getting near,am i doing the right thing.why now when ive been reserching for a while.

I think we all feel that way sometimes, But in the end, I'm quite sure you won't regret it. Good luck.

that's soon omg im excited for you, I know its a lot to take in im guessing the endoscopy went well, ive not been sleeping to well since the seminar worrying about these tests hopefuly the appointment wont be long coming through the post and I can get it over with, I have no idea what the tests are ive looked up on the nhs site bout sleep ap... I don't know how to spell it sorry lol its kinda put my mind at rest ! so you will soon be on the liver diet , you will have to let me know how you get on its somet im not looking forward to tbh the lack of energy can be annoying when u have kids to get off to school but we all have to do it a small step on our journeys. take care and keep smiling lisa x

Thanks lisa.i will keep you updated.im hoping i dont lose much energy at present,coz i too have two teenage girls and a six year old boy and a ten year old girl at home.as well as my hubby to look after.but the dietician did tell me they only put us on the liver reducing diet for a week,which i thought was pretty good.also ive lost more weight than was asked,and mr dresner said that was good coz it makes the op easier for him.the op will take longer has he has to take the stitches out of the nissen and repair the hernia.keep in touch with people on here for info on the sleep apneoa study.sorry i carnt help on that one.i know what you mean about not sleeping ,and waiting for appts.i think we are all the same.just try take it easy and take care.keep in touch.xxx

Hi lisa
Just an up date.just got my date for the bypass. 5th oct.not long to wait.i start the pre op diet in the morning.hope you are ok.

Awww that's good news shell, bet your excited, I got my nx app for 9th dec, that's my nx app after seminar, I'll be thinking about you x

Thanks moloppy.hope you are doing ok.yea im nervous now.my hubby keeps saying its not too late to back out.ive not come this far to back out now.its scary though.will keep you updated.
Take care.
Michelle

Not long now shell , just to let you know I'm thinking bout you only 2 days left , hope ya liver diet is going ok and not to much of a struggle take care and eekk 2 more sleeps x

Thankyou so much molpoppy.diet has been ok, some days have been better than others.but one more day to go, I went for my pre op on tues, I had lost more weight.i was so scared, I would have put some on.
I am so nervous now, all the thoughts going through my head, will I die will I have complications.i try to switch to positive thinking.hope you are well.
Take care.x

Back