• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

No more pity-parties for me!

Neen

WLS Moderator
OK I want to formally apologise to my band for being a whingeing moaning wet week of mondays!

I felt my band was right for me when I had it done...my band has worked beautifully when I have refrained from eating rubbish and got up off my backside to exercise.

It IS a great tool...it HAS saved my life and I WILL make it work.

I am not inferring anything about anyone else here, so no taking offence..this is my personal pledge to my band and myself to stop being all feeble and rise to the challenge of having more discipline around food I know is not slimming.

A band is not some sort of magic filter that poofs sugar and fat away if you are irresponsible enough to think you can over-indulge in those things and still somehow be entitled to weight loss!!!

Bands work if you do the necessary common sense things ....bar them being faulty etc.....we all know why they sometimes don't work so I'm not going to list things we all already know YET again.

Bands work or no-one would still be having them...why would a surgeon waste time putting them in?

Why would a surgeon give you a tool guaranteed to fail? They wouldn't.

If your band is in and giving restriction it is a fantastic tool...it's there in the background and when YOU take the responsibility for what you stick in your mouth and when YOU change the sofa slouching habit then it does help you lose weight.

The band takes longer ...so what? I'm still a hell of a lot better of now than I was 2 years ago....I'm not going to need a stick to walk after all....I'm not going to be in awful pain as soon as I stand up out of bed in the morning and wish I was dead...

I LOVE my band. I hereby swear never to blame it for any weight stalling or difficulty sticking to healthy eating again because the buck stops with me and it always has

I am just incredibly lucky I have some help to help myself !

So any banders who are discouraged from visiting this forum more than once due to all the failure of bands posts...take heart please and remember you have totally all you need to lose your weight.

You find the right combination of food and exercise that work best with your band....it might take a few tries.... then you stop feeling like you are not strong enough to use the band because thats ridiculous

We are a lot more capable of change than we ever give ourselves credit for....and the best bit is...we might lose it slower but we learn how to keep it off forever when we take the responsibility for ourselves and learn to be healthy on the way down.

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more Nina. There are lots of things that make me angry that people say. They have to realise, as you have, it's a tool, that's all, not a miracle cure.

The surgeons are not Gods, they are body mechanics. Look after the work they do and you'll get the rewards.

I'm glad to see your renewed determination and look forward to seeing the rewards chick xxx

Wow Nina, what an incredible post! You are such a determined Lady, how could you fail :D I agree with everything you have said, we are all to quick to blame somebody or something else lol and not just with weightloss! Good luck with your new positive attitude, not that you need it! You go girl! XX

Whooo Hoooo, Go Neen!! What a fantastic thread ;)

:party0011: N :party0011: E :party0011: E :party0011: N :party0011:

You go girl, brilliant read Neen and you are 100% right in all that you say and lets hope we can all hold on to that.

You are a lovely person Neen and give so much encouragement to the people on this site no matter what wls they have and dont forget that.

You are doing amazing, you are so pretty, and with your kindness, caring, and knowledgable nature the world would be a sadder place. Well Done Neen xxxxx

I totally agree 100% Neen, responsibility goes with weight loss surgery - we have to do our part as well. If people going into this surgery are under the illusion that they can continue to eat badly and lose weight, it might be true for the honeymoon period, but no matter what opp, they are guaranteed to put the weight back on if they don't change their eating habits for the better long term. The aim should be not only to lose weight but to reclaim good health as well! Great post x

Good thread Neen...
(I am standing here and saluting you and your pledge to your band hun)
You are 100% right..it is a tool...use it wisley...:cool:
neen..we are all behind you x x

Very well said Neen.

There are always a million and one reasons that can be found when we are looking to scapegoat our reasons for non weight loss or for something not to work.

Taking a general overview, It's true to say 'we are what we eat'... and it's also true to say that some people can develop a psychological block... which may require additional support from professionals qualified in working with the mind.

But all importantly, like with most things in this life.... positive thinking (my feet will have to come back I think) and putting your best foot forward to utilise the opportunity and work with what you have has to be the way forward.

If for some reason there is a 'mental block' with the tool, then it's a case of professional support to alleviate what is going on in the mind.

Negativity can breed negativity and I am so pleased and relieved to read this refreshing thread and to say that I would commit to support anyone that I am able to help... there are some that cannot or will not accept offers of help, but negativity is the road to ruin and we must never succumb to that.

Sorry if I sound a tad harsh about positive thinking, but at my age I have endured too many trials in life to mention and I do strongly believe that you have to believe in yourself and
'go for it'... ''best foot forward always''....

Love and hugs to everyone on the forum, you are my WLS Family and there are no exceptions!

Good luck Neen and fellow banders xxx

Well said! I have just been admiring your photos from back in April and before you had your band and thinking how amazing you looked already!

I have a friend with a band who has really struggled, and I am sure that even with a bypass, there are "cheats", its up to us to try not to succumb to them! DREADING that part personally, but I hope by the time I am tempted, I will have the motivation to resist.

i think thats fab what you ve written neen, your an inspiration to us pre oppers with the weightloss you ve achieved, well done you xx

At last a positive thread about the band. Well said Neen, we have to meet the band halfway, it is not there to do all the work for us. I feel and always have felt positive about my band and although I didn't have as much to lose as some, I am four stone lighter and I know for a fact that without the band I wouldn't have done it. And now I can actually eat a bit more and enjoy my food afer my de-fill I feel even more positive about it. So what if its a slow loss cos slow loss = fewer stretch marks and less liklihood of further surgery. Come you banders we can do it!!!!

Thanks Neen for such a positive post....It makes us all aware that having the right attitude can go a long way to helping us to make it work.

You have been a great inspiration to me since I came onto this site. Even though you have had difficult weeks at times, I know you have already achieved so much.

Many thanks hun x

Love Kat x

Brilliant post Neen. I totally agree. We all have to work with the tools we have. You've done absolutely amazing and I salute you and thank you for al your lovely kindness and support to us all. Huge, humoungous hugs. xxxx

Very well said Neen, it's wonderful to see you with this fresh surge of determination - and a beautiful new profile pic too!!

xxx

Back