• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

No restriction.

Tyraboots

I powered my way through a full portion of lentil and chickpea curry yesterday, I felt no restriction at all.
Could it be that my pouch is too large, have I stretched it. I am nearly 5 weeks post op.

u should have restriction at 5 weeks post op. u did defo have the bypass and not the band didnt u! if u did i dont think u can stretch it in 5 weeks! there are some days i can eat more thou esp the week before my totm xx

What do you mean by a full portion?Not a takeaway full portion surely?At 5 weeks I could still eat very little, and couldn't eat a full portion even now at nearly 8 months post op:eek::eek:

Yes a full portion. It took me 20 minutes. It was quite stodgy with the chickpea, lentil and rice.
I have an appointment on Monday with the surgeon. Can they scan me to see how big the pouch is?

Hi
I think it might be because of the consistency of the food.

I've noticed that I can eat 3oz of cooked porridge or refried beans and still not feel full, but I stop anyway. But I can't eat a full egg (scrambled or boiled).

Your chickpeas & lentils would be quiet mushy foods which liquidise when you chew them. Try experimenting with other foods that arn't 'mushy' and see if you feel the same.

I'm sure your surgeon will be able to put your mind at ease when you see him.

Good luck

it's a big worry isn't it?? have i done this that or the other...wouldn't worry at all, as galm37 said, it's a slider food, and as such will slide through quite quickly, but i seriously wouldn't worry yourself, like others, i have days where i can eat more than others, as long as you're not making yourself sick from the amount, again, i wouldn't worry ;)

don't worry, I freak myself out like this often. I can eat a huge bowl of curry or chilli but but some dry food in front of me, or as someone said earlier, an egg, and it just won't go down. You will always be able to eat more of the slider foods. Don't panic, just keep it in mind for the future and try not to pick too many slider foods or else you will obviously be consuming more calories. It's virtually impossible to stretch your pouch so early on don't worry xxx

Back