• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

little restriction or is it normal

christine77

im really worried that now 3 weeks out i feel like i have little restriction and its seems to be getting worse as the internal swelling goes down.

i can easily drink a mug of tea no problem , a glass of juice very easily and a bowl of soup and gulp water no problem and still feel no restriction. is this because they are liquids ?

i have felt no restriction with food either, i am trying to stick to what it says on my diet sheet half a weetabix, 2 tablespoons of veg and two of protein but i do not feel full at all and could easily eat double the amount. surely this isnt right after 3 weeks ?

so should i eat until it hurts just check there is a restriction?

Last edited:
no i cant say i have ever felt hungry but i've never felt full either - if that makes any sense.

i honestly feel like ive had nothing done

dont over do it as you need to heal, do not push your bypass to its limits this early out, as you be heading for trouble, if your not hungry just follow the rules set out on your pathway, follow the dieticains advice/sheet you was given before you left the ward, they gave it for a reason, dont worry you will be fine x x

Oh? Sorry I can't help at the mo other than ring them tomor xxx

she doesnt need to ring them. whats shes experiencing is common, she needs to follow the dietetic advice given on leaving srh x

Liz - I would always advise people to speak to the professionals if they are unsure about anything rather than not speak to them.... If that makes sense? This forum is a source of knowledge that is valuable however everyone is individual

Xx

i just worry cos i can drink more fluid than my friend that is a year out , she only managed half her cup of coffee when we where out at the weekend and that took her half and hour i drank a large skimmed latte no bother at all in half the time. am i doing something wrong?

your not doing anything wrong Christine i can drink a fair bit have been able too since i was 1st bypassed everyones different and some can consume a larger volume than others but hey i had best keep my comments to myself as some people seem to think they know best, ring the team if you feel need too, whats the point of asking questions on this forum if all the answers are going to be is ring the providor, they wouldnt never get any work done if everyone did that as they would be constantly answering the phone, the question was asked i answered it from my opinion x

Last edited:
yup seriously, if christine feels the need to ring them shes free to do so this forums here to ask questions and to get answers from fellow patients, both options are there for all and the team will answer any questions if need be, this forums here for a reason to ask things when unsure...and if patients cant reply to threads when a questions asked then whats the point of this forum ?

thats why it says what it does in my Sig at the bottom.

!!! Liz talk about over reacting! Tell you what I'll just not bother replying if I'm going to get shot down in flames everytime! You were the one telling me my response was basically wrong! I'd rather not go over this on here. If you have a problem with me fine but I'd rather you address it with me privately & not on here.

Hi Chris

I too feel I can eat and drink more than they say too, but should I eat too much it dies make me feel a little unwell, I feel hungry at meal times but not sure if it's head hunger but I am eating 1 weetabix for brekkie and half a tin of soup or meatballs or tuna Mayo for lunch and for dinner a chicken breast ( can't normally eat much mash if I have a whole beast) but I still fund I can have a few sips if drink at the same time too.
When I first had the op I could only manage half a cup if coffee now I can drink a whole one before it goes cold.

I think as you eat more solid foods it makes you feel more full.
Don't worry it's normal xx

i havent got a problem with you, i was just explaining why i said what i did, i havent got a problem with any 1.

Back