• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Normal. I don't think so!

rosejohnson

Home from the USA :-(
I just phoned my provider for a chat and an appointment, after stalling in my weight loss, and was basically told to stop worrying and that I am perfectly 'normal'. Told to go away and only ring back if I haven't lost anything by the end of next week.

No hints, tips, reassurance, validation, nothing.

Now I am feeling slightly patronised!

I have managed to get an appointment this week, but basically told I don't actually need it.

And also, apparently at 6 months post bypass I should only be expecting to lose 4lb per month. Is that true??? I still have 2.5stone to lose I will be going on forever at that rate!!

Sorry for the rant, I hoped I would feel better after speaking to my nutritionist, but she clearly wanted me off the phone. No questions about what I am eating or drinking at all.

I just hope I have better luck with the nurse on Thursday.

Rose, you are 1 day ahead of me, started with a similar BMI, and have lost 8lb more than me. I think you are doing great.

If it does take you another 6 months to reach your goal then you will have achieved that within a year which I think is what most people who have WLS aspire to.

I would be annoyed though at getting fobbed off by your provider. Hope you have more joy when you speak to the nurse.

I would be so upset. I called the nurse at the company I am going through after a stall and she gave me all sorts of advice. She advised me to up my protein, cut my carbs and seriously increase the amount of fluids I am taking in.

I hope you get better luck with the nurse.

Rose, you are 1 day ahead of me, started with a similar BMI, and have lost 8lb more than me. I think you are doing great.

If it does take you another 6 months to reach your goal then you will have achieved that within a year which I think is what most people who have WLS aspire to.

I would be annoyed though at getting fobbed off by your provider. Hope you have more joy when you speak to the nurse.

You are totally right. I am delighted with how I have done so far, and I don't want it to stop! I am not moaning about the stall, I think I have another thread for that, I am just cross about the lack of interest from my provider.

I would be so upset. I called the nurse at the company I am going through after a stall and she gave me all sorts of advice. She advised me to up my protein, cut my carbs and seriously increase the amount of fluids I am taking in.

I hope you get better luck with the nurse.

Wendy (the nurse) isn't that great if I am honest. Nice woman, but everything is normal to her (even when I had post-op pneumonia and needed iv antibiotics for a week in hospital, she told me not to go the nhs, as it was perfectly 'normal' what I was going through. Good job I am a nurse and knew it wasn't!

I think if the nutritionist had asked a few questions, or shown a bit of interest in me, then told me I was normal, I would have been ok. It was the dismissive tone that annoyed me I think.

I am seeing Wendy for a pre-consultation appointment for abdominoplasty too, so I can bet she will want to just talk about that.

Rx

Back