• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Not Feeling Full??

BIG KIM

I am a *NEW* Man!
I have noticed lately that I can eat quite a bit without feeling full or uncomfortable. I am still very carefull what I eat, but am I eating more than I should be able to?
the other night I had a steak, about 4/5oz with a few boiled potatoes and peas. I cut the steak into small pieces, but I ate the lot, but I didnt feel stuffed. and I have had the same with other stuff.
I have lost all my weight and I am now 15 stone 5 pounds. I go to the Gym, swim and cycle. I'm just confused as to why I am able to eat without my pouch feeling full anymore, or not very often anyway.

Help?? :(

Hi

I will be interested on replies to this as like you I get the same feeling. Some days I can loads or it feels like it anyway. Good for you doing your exercise. And keeping it off.

Jo
xx

The further out from surgery you get the more you will be able to eat. Eventually we should be a ble to eat meals the same as a 'normal' person. You are also exercising so now you have lost your weight you will need to eat more because your body hasn't got the fat to use as fuel.

Also different foods will fill you up to different levels. I alos founfd that the further out I got the more I chewed my food the less it filled me up, if I chew like a normal person I feel fuller.

Hope this helps

As above mate. Your body will accept more in time and your body is needing more. You will also burn off what you have inside quicker making room sooner. You've done fantastic, don't get hung up on the amount you eat concentrate on keeping it a good balanced meal.

And most of all, keep up the fantastic work, I love seeing what you're up to on FB

Thanks Guys. Mickie your my inspiration mate. I have just done an hours upper body in the Gym, and a 13 mile bike ride across the dales straight after and I feel great. :):):):)

Boys you are not skinny! You are BUFF lol, way to go guys xx

I really don't think you need to worry, look at you :) !!! (says me posting almost the same thing above ;)) I was chatting at our support group to a lady who is 18 months out and she has had to eat more to try and maintain her weight as she is underweight, but she did say after 12 months or so, she could eat a LOT bigger portion than previously...

Your meal sounds DIVINE!!!

Thanks guys, your comments make sense, so I will stop worrying.

Here is a picture I took while I was out on my Nike ride today....:)

ABCD0015.jpg

I'm almost a year out and I'm finding I can eat more now. I think it has a lot to do with exercising as my appetite definitely increases and my capacity for eating also when I've had a good work out. I also notice that if I have a 'wet' meal then I can eat more of it than if I have fairly dry meat (i.e with no sauce). One of the things I have noticed lately is that I get hungrier quicker now if I haven't ate to restriction. I'm no longer losing weight (well, the odd pound a month) but I'm still losing inches, so I'm not too bothered about capcity as long as it's all healthy food.

Yep i totally agree with above i'me a yr out tomorrow and i can eat a lot more but again i think because we exercise and train hard our metabolism is quicker which burns quicker what i'me tending to do is eat sensibly but properly my girlfriend is doing the slimming world diet (she's a size 10 for gods sake) and i eat with her and enjoy my food, another thing is ime sure that we will not fall into the old routines has ime sure we are all considerably happier and healthier now we've been given another chance, by the way mate you look fantastic well done.

Back