• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Not happy at all with first weeks weight loss, really need some advice pls

Roch

Shrinking away nicely :)
Hi all well i am now 6 days post op and decided to go and get weighed, i have only lost 9lbs and tbh i was truly disappointed with myself:cry:
When i was on my 10 day pre op i lost 12lbs the first 6 days then another 6 lbs then next 4 days so how come i have lost less now.
I must be doing something wrong and this has truly upset me.
I must admit have not been able to get lots of protein in as all soups i have tried have made me gag after having them once, this is what i have been having.

6am: 1 mug of warm ss milk with one tsp of options
9am: 1 petit filous
12pm:1 petit filous
2pm: 1 glass of milk
5pm: petit filous
8pm: petit filous
11pm : mug of warm milk with options

1 ltr of nas squash

I decided to try the muller lights yogs today as they are 8 grms of protein for the pot( which is much more than the petit filous) the ones without bits and its like a heniz tomato soup texture its the smooth banana and custard and i was shocked that i have eaten the whole pot, i have not had nothing since my cup of milk and options at 6 but how did i manage the whole pot :eek:

Pls someone advise me where i am going wrong, got another week till i can go on sloppys where of course it will be much easier to get my protein in.
I feel really worried that i am now able to eat to much, there is no way i could of eaten more but is this normal.
How did u get ur protein in the liquid stage.
Thanks and take care luv Roch xxx

Hi Roch

I've posted on your other thread as well, but..

Don't worry about eating a full pot of yoghurt.

I to thought that my op hadn't worked because as soon as my throat didn't hurt I've been able to drink full cup/glasses of anything, including soups etc. This is because they go straight through the pouch very easily because they are liquid.

I spoke to my dietician and she said that this was perfectly normal and nothing to worry about. There will be no damage to the pouch and it won't stretch.

It's only when you move on to more solid food that you will notice the 'full' feeling.

I can't manage to eat a full egg yet, if it isn't mushed up with something else - I seem to get a feeling of it being lodged in my breast bone area.

Your weight loss is great - You've lost so much already and just think, this weight is never going back on.

Keep your spirits up x

Your not doing anything wrong dont be so hard on yourself , dont compair it to your pre-op diet as on that you will have lost alot of water , what your loseing now is fat. Your still healing and your body is trying its hardest to repair and not to go into starvation mode your doing fine roch please dont get down your not a week post op yet and everything is trying to adjust to it new plumbing x it will settle x

Aw Roch, please relax, my first two weeks of liquids I just sipped and sipped as much fluid as I could get in. It just goes straight through the pouch, same with yogurt. You are doing fine. Your weight loss is unique to you, you will lose but at the pace your body dictates. This is really early days, give yourself a chance to recover and let your little pouch do some healing. Your are going to be a star at this - honest!

I know we have just spoken by text but just wanted to reassure you again all is fine its hard getting your head round the 1st few weeks but you are doing really well and for whats its worth my surgeon told me its almost impossible to over eat in the first 6 weeks after surgery so carry on enjoying the muller lites i lived/still do live on them lol big hugs xx

roch 9 pounds is a fantastic loss in one week , dont forget you have just been doing a vlcd and may have come out of keto again causing a few pounds of water to go back in your liver ,,,but roch 9 pounds is still amazing

dont worry hun .. ur body will still be adjusting and u have got to take in 2 account the weight u lost on the milk diet.. u cant lose too much in 1 go ur body takes about a week to catch up the dietian told me.. i still cant eat a whole muller light but can eat a whole much bunch ... its different for everyone.. and just because u was able to eat a whole one today dont mean u will be able to 2moro just member that ;) xx

Try to stop worrying Roch, my first week i put ON 9lb!!!! Dont Forget your still swollen and you would have been given plenty of fluids after your op.

Hi Roch you are doing great don't be so hard on yourself. 9lb is a great loss when you also think your body will still be pumped with gas. Relax and take it easy I think you are an absolute star, you helped me loads yesterday thank you.

Roch, just to echo what everyone else has said - stop worrying. You will have lost a lot more than 9lb, because you will have come out of hospital a lot heavier than you went in due to the fluids they pump into you. Also if you add up your pre-op diet loss, plus this weeks loss thats 27ln in less than 3 weeks. That is loads more than most of us lose.

You're doing great. Just stop worrying lol.

Ty to all of ur posts i do feel re assured now. Not having a good day today i think i am going to stay in for the rest of the week and relax as am in some pain today but was not yesterday.
This is the second time i have gone out, first on sat and this morning but as i am now in some pain i think this is my body telling me to keep my ar*e in bed and chill out.
Ty again, i know when i look at the whole pic 27 lbs in 16 days is fab but i think i just got a bit freaked out.
Chat soon xx

Roch, don't beat yourself up! You are rocking and are still in the early stages... Look after yourself and don't be a scale watcher, you will succeed because you have some of the biggest cahooneys any woman i know has xxx

Your doing brill Roche. Remember to be kind to yourself and listen to your body. You've been out and about super quick and have lost loads over the last 3 weeks.

Great advise from everyone, listen to your body, it will tell you what to do.....your doing fab roche x

Roch, please don't worry too much, everyone has already said what I was thinking too, you are doing amazing already so don't be too harsh on yourself.
Give yourself a gentle pat on the back you are doing more than fine!
I always read your posts with interest and I look forward to reading all your future ones where you are amazed at your losses and how different you will begin to feel, the early days are tough for many reasons but oh so worth it in the end!
Lots of hugs, Laura x:)

It's only 6 days Roch...you're doing fantastic and you're an inspiration x

Back