• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Not much weight loss so far!

Vickys

Hi all, I had my op on 4 October 2009 and so far have only lost about 12lbs!!

My band has now been filled to 8mls but I can still eat almost anything I want although I do feel full at an earlier stage than I did before the op.

Has anyone else experienced slow weight loss and is having very little problems with the food they eat. Before I had the op I was told I probably wouldn't be able to eat bread or drink fizzy drinks, however, I can do both.

Please reassure me that it will get better?!!

I have a bypass and not a band but didn't want to read and run.

Are you making sure that protein makes up more of your meals than carbs? I know that for me, pre op as my bypass is only a few days old, carbs would stall any weight loss.

Hi, are you eating the right foods? Make sure they are dense foods. You eat proteins first then veg then carbs last.

What size band do you have? I have 8.8 in a 10ml and when it was 8.3ml I could still eat anything.

I know it is hard but these early days it is down to will power alone. I stopped eating bread from day one. Even though I knew I could eat it I stopped away. Now I am used to not having bread so it doesn't bother me that I can't eat it.

Salads are another food that I find easy to eat. I still eat them but not all the time as they don't fill me up.

Don't worry it will get better. Speak to your provider I am sure they will put your mind at rest.

I have 8mls in a 10ml band. You are giving me hope Sue with your fantastic weight loss, hopefully things will improve soon - need to use a bit more will power!

Hope you are feeling ok, so soon after your op?

Thanks for replying, I think I need to use a bit more will power!!

the band is a helping hand it is not something that will do it all for us unfortunately!!! As already mentioned watch your carbs and if you have aftercare speak to your dietician and review what your eating. On a plus point your not putting weight on so thats good. Exercise is also a plus if you can do it. I cant as have bad knees but I am starting toning beds on 14th December 2009 to help with flabby skin. All the best x

the band is a helping hand it is not something that will do it all for us unfortunately!!! As already mentioned watch your carbs and if you have aftercare speak to your dietician and review what your eating. On a plus point your not putting weight on so thats good. Exercise is also a plus if you can do it. I cant as have bad knees but I am starting toning beds on 14th December 2009 to help with flabby skin. All the best x

hello there

I couldnt help but notice u sed u have bad knees (i do to ) what are these toning beds u speak off??

Thanks in advance - MeJulie

My weight losses have been slow..only about 1 stone off since my band op in June 2009!
I have had 7 small fills over time (my company do little and often, not under xray)
Eventually i have restriction!! Hurruh! Now the pounds are coming off faster.
I have less interest in food and cant tolerate some foods now...up until last week i was still able to eat everything and anything and in too large a quantity too.

You are doing well, keep up the good work. :)

Hiya, I hope you soon get adequate restriction. It is really important to eat foods that are challenging to the band like chicken, couscous,shredded wheat (for me), and has been said - eat protein first. X

BlueDiamond - toning beds are found at some sports places but mine are situated at a beauty place. They are 6 beds which work different muscles and basically you are just in charge of your breathing. It was a great help tome before my band and it helps you lose inches which is brilliant when the band is helping with the weight. Look them up on google and ask at some of your local sports facilities. I pay £30 per month for unlimited use (takes 30 minutes only to work whole body). I can pay as I go but £6.50 each time and I am trying to use them 3 times per week. Good luck give them a try

Hi Vicks, I had my band in may and have stopped losing the lbs but I'm losing inches. Have you measured yourself to see if the inch loss is catching up with the weight loss?. You will be surprised how many inches have gone. Good luck, Gaynor

My weight losses have been slow..only about 1 stone off since my band op in June 2009!
I have had 7 small fills over time (my company do little and often, not under xray)
Eventually i have restriction!! Hurruh! Now the pounds are coming off faster.
I have less interest in food and cant tolerate some foods now...up until last week i was still able to eat everything and anything and in too large a quantity too.

You are doing well, keep up the good work. :)

OMG i am so pleased to have read this! I had my band 12th June and have had a small weight loss only. I am having fill 5 in a few weeks under x-ray (this will be 2nd x-ray) so they can see what is going on.

5.5m in a 10ml band - ZERO restriction, FULL tolerance of ALL foods and a deep deep depression starting to creep in.

Am almost hysterical to have read that its obviously not just me with slow losses

It's completely normal. The trouble is the patient advisors will say anything to get a sale as they are all on commission. they lead you to think you will be full up with one fill after eating half a biscuit. Most people need 5 or more. It's not true and if you eat soft stuff like mince and mash you will never feel full.
Once you are over 75% band full please get an x-ray. The nurse doing my fills just kept tell me to be patient and my band was in the wrong place-put there but the surgeon that they recommended as the best.
I'm not trying to worry you. I just don't want you to loose time like I did.

Back