• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

not sure how I feel

Amrac1

Hi all,
something strange happened to me today. I took my children to school and in the playground at least 3 mums came up and said 'wow you're skinny now' or words similar. Now dont get me wrong I would rather they said that than 'you fat *****' but ............ I dont see myself as skinny and in fact I cant see my weight loss most of the time. I know I have lost weight but as I cant see it and then when people comment I feel .........well................uncomfortable. I am proud of my weight loss but .............
Please reassure me that one day I can accept these comments with a feeling of 'acceptance'

Reactions: Bev
I can understand you precious. My neighbour over the road said the same to me this morning and I didn't really know what to say.

So I just thanked her and said...'salad days' are here!

One thing for certain, it ain't going back on again!

Hope all is improving in the family, I very often think of you and wonder how you all are.

Love and hugs Angel, I imagine you are looking just terrific!

xxx

Hi Amrac1 Be proud, i can feel it it myself if others see it you must be doing well, it will come no one says anything if you are fat go for it gal xx

i know what you mean....itt akes ages for our brains to catch up and start seeing whateveryone else has been seeing for months.

For me it took finding a really old picture of me and thinking "****!" that was only about 3 months ago, and that was when my brain fully clicked to how well i have been doing :)

the mental/psychological side of this journey is always the hardest :)

well done tho x

I've been getting alot of nice comments lately, but I too feel uncomfortable about them, and find myself pointing out the negative, saying things like, "yeah but look at the size of my thighs still", or "you wanna see my excess skin its not nice".

Maybe one day I will accept nice comments, but seeing as I've never really had them, it's a bit tricky.

I've been getting alot of nice comments lately, but I too feel uncomfortable about them, and find myself pointing out the negative, saying things like, "yeah but look at the size of my thighs still", or "you wanna see my excess skin its not nice".

Maybe one day I will accept nice comments, but seeing as I've never really had them, it's a bit tricky.

Oooh, I do that all the time !! And I really feel my friends and colleagues are getting a bit fed up of it now ! :sigh:

I would take it as it was given, a compliment!

Well there is going to be more compliments for sure where these have come from... and I'd definitely take it as well meaning and from the heart.

Love and hugs xxx

Glad to hear I'm not alone in this. I think 'fat again' summed it up really - I have never had nice comments before so this is something new!

Keep smiling and taking the compliments Angel.

Love and hugs xxx

i am the same, i get the comments and my auto answer seems to be "thanks but i still have a way to go" :D

But it's all good :D:D

I have the same issue. I still have trouble accepting compliments and not sure how to take them. I hope eventually it gets easier.

im the same too..

i do feel myself going a bit red! whenever i get an comment...
im just not used to recieving nice things said to me...
before the surgery it was something like..look at the fat ar*e on that!
but now my bottom is now smaller and doesnt knock people out!..lol

Back