• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Oh, by the way had my Pre - OP

Kevin1708

Century Club
Just to say, had my pre-op today and all is well. Will be under the knife for a traditional open Roux-en-Y Gastric bypass on the 5th April 2011 (Which from first enquiry to operation is less than 5 months which I understand to be pretty good). I have opted for the open surgery as I am having my gall bladder out so saves on a second operation.

Hope to be joining the losers bench early next week x

Oh wow Kevin thats great news, I am very happy for you xx

Well done Kev and all the best of everything is wished for you xxx

Oooo good luck fab news!! Can I ask why it's open and not keyhole?

oh.... i am having a sleeve and my gallbladder out on friday no mention of open. is this for a health reason to you i thought open was quiet un common these days???

fab news that all is well and being done as you planned.

Will open surgery mean that you won't suffer as much with wind as they won't need to use gas?

All the best for the 5th Kevin.

Shame we're not in the same hospital or else I'd be shuffling my way round to your ward and bringing you grapes.....lol,

I'll just wave over the roof tops instead.

Ooooooooh Im excited for you Kevin, thats so quick too.....hope it all goes well and you will be back on the losers bench very soon :D XX

Brilliant news Kevin.
I have just had mine, as you know, and I had keyhole with the y bypass and my gall bladder removed. Why you have to have the big cut? Awwww poor thing.
I was about three weeks or so from first seeing Mr Ammori to having the surgery so I think thats pretty good going too lol. I didn't want to wait at all I just wanted to get it over and done with. I feel smashing now, and hope that you do too as quickly after your op.
Take care chuck.
Lynne x

Great news and yes that was fast!Some docs do open if they decide its better for an individuals anatomy.Maz x

Great news Kevin - hope it all goes smoothly for you x

Excellent news - best of luck x

Well done Kevin, i am going for my pre-op appointment tomorrow as im due for a bypass on the 6th :)
how did it go? im quite nervous and have been having trouble with the pre-op diet :(
take care tasha xxx

Kevin
Wishing you the very best of luck with your op, not long to go now!
Best wishes

Oooo good luck fab news!! Can I ask why it's open and not keyhole?
Thanks, . . . my surgeon, Mr. Steve Pollard, prefers open surgery for whatever reason and a scar on a rough tough lad like me won’t make a great deal of difference (I am a little hairy anyway) . . . I am told that laparoscopic surgery leaves 4 incisions and a 5th surgery scar in any event. I appreciate the recovery time is quicker for laparoscopic but I also understand that there is a lower chance of leaks and alike with open . . . anyway, hey ho I have decided to leave it to the experts. xx

Well done Kevin, i am going for my pre-op appointment tomorrow as im due for a bypass on the 6th :)
how did it go? im quite nervous and have been having trouble with the pre-op diet :(
take care tasha xxx

Hi Tasha . . . to be honest mine was a breeze . . . a simple ECG which I knew I would be OK on as I had one a couple of months ago for my Pilots Licence and then a chat with the nurse – I suspect they are asking questions designed to make sure we are all ‘compos mentis’ and understand that we are letting ourselves in for . . . all in all really nice people, good luck with yours x x

Back