• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMG I have My Op Date!!!

Pandora_150

Finally Post-op!
Hi all,

I have waited SOOOOOO long to be able to post this!

I HAVE MY OP DATE :eek:!

Its 2nd November - 6 weeks on Monday.

I am officially the first patient to be operated on at Elland Spire!!!

Some of you may be aware that I am also going BACK into surgery for my detached retina a week today, as my last retinal detachment operation 7 weeks ago was not a success. Mr Dobbins said that as long as I get a letter from my eye surgeon stating that he saw no reason why I couldn't have the bypass 5 weeks after my eye surgery, then it would all go ahead as planned!!!

I was really worried today as I thought that my detachment operation would put my bypass operation back even further!

I also have even better news......... I don't have to do the dreaded Milk diet! I have a strict low cal diet instead...... I can cope with low-cal!

Steph x

Brilliant news. Not long to go now then :D

Fingers crossed you have opened the floodgates for the rest of the 'Fax girls and they get their dates too :p

Congrats to you Steph! :D My op is 5 days after yours (7th Nov) at my local Spire. I've just started the 5% weightloss before the op bit! :rolleyes:

Good luck with everything,

Cuppacocoa xx

Congratulations Steph! Hope everything works out well and both your operations go fantastic!!

Thanks!!! I am jumping up and down. I could hardly drive home from my appointment as my hands were shaking so much! I was not expecting to get my date so soon! Two nurses let it slip even before I got to see Mr Dobbins!

x

:talk017::bliss::wee::woohoo::banana dancer::party0011::angel:Congrats Steph bet you cant sit still!Hope everything goes well for both ops!Maz x

So pleased you have got your date you must be over the moon
Good date as well...........thats my birthday lol so it will be lucky for you. These six weeks will fly by.
Good luck also with your retinal surgery.

Jay xx

excellent news.

Hi all,

I have waited SOOOOOO long to be able to post this!

I HAVE MY OP DATE :eek:!

Its 2nd November - 6 weeks on Monday.

I am officially the first patient to be operated on at Elland Spire!!!

Some of you may be aware that I am also going BACK into surgery for my detached retina a week today, as my last retinal detachment operation 7 weeks ago was not a success. Mr Dobbins said that as long as I get a letter from my eye surgeon stating that he saw no reason why I couldn't have the bypass 5 weeks after my eye surgery, then it would all go ahead as planned!!!

I was really worried today as I thought that my detachment operation would put my bypass operation back even further!

I also have even better news......... I don't have to do the dreaded Milk diet! I have a strict low cal diet instead...... I can cope with low-cal!

Steph x

congratulations.jpg

wow how exciting! thats amazing news, you must be over the moon! Good luck with your retinal detachment surgery too
xx

Thank you to everyone! It is only just sinking in! I have been waiting since January for this and I wasn't even expecting to get the date today! It was a shock! A good shock though!!! It was the Nurse who let it slip when she was weighing me and taking my blood pressure!

x

Thats great Pandora,

keeping everythign crossed for you for the eye op to go smoothly so it doesnt delay wls. I'm having the same problem with conflicting procedures and also building works at home. waiting for appointment to have 2 teeth extracted and it looks like dates are going to collide and I will have to reschedule the gob job lol! Also trying to see if the workmen can patio back garden before I have the op so that once I have recuperated from wls, the kitchen can be fitted! Why does everything turn up at once eh!

Xx

Back