• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

One month til I meet surgeon...

lynseyscott

Hi everyone,

I'm Lynsey & I've got 1 month til I go back to meet with Mr Brown & (hopefully) get a date for my RNY at north tyneside general hosp. I need to lose about 6kg & I'm struggling to stick to any sort of diet! I don't understand what's going on in my head. This is the tiniest hurdle of all to overcome & I keep sabotaging myself!! Grrrrr! :confused: some support/tips/insight would be gratefully received...

6k - change your life.

I got my target and I thought it was high but think that you are getting a while new life for just 6k.

Good luck.

May not be helpful - but I was so worried of the shame if they said no if I hadn't lost weight - that it kept me on the straight and narrow. It might be worth having a go at the liver shrinking diet - or maybe something like slim fast. Also when you feel like self-sabotaging - imagine your new life after wls and see if you still want the food or drink. It will be so worth it if you stick to it x

Hi Lynsey
What Chrisyd said is sound advice. I :break_diet: this weekend, and from tomorrow to give myself a boost, I am going on the Liver Shrinking Diet. So its worth giving it ago.

I understand what your saying its hard to remain in track next thing you know, you slip up and you really dont mean to
like chrisyd says look into one of the LSD they offer you im doing the 1000 low cal because its real food and im doing ok couldn't face the slim fast version as easy as it is it wasnt for me
go to your team and have a talk with them about your options
good luck

Good luck willow with your LSD !

Thanks everyone! How do I get the liver-shrinking diet?

I love the idea "6kg for the rest of my life" That's going to be my mantra from now on. I feel like tomorrow will be different xxx

Yes, Willow - good luck x

Thanks everyone! How do I get the liver-shrinking diet?

I love the idea "6kg for the rest of my life" That's going to be my mantra from now on. I feel like tomorrow will be different xxx
Talk to your team -or google Liver Reduction diet as some health services put theirs on line. I think the BOSPA site may have it too x

Hello again! I've had a much better (controlled) day and feel like I'm moving forwards again now. Thanks so much for your comments xxx

If you feel tempted to eat something you shouldn't, try and imagine what it'll do to your body. I try and pretend that bad food is made up of tiny little creatures that go inside you and actively ruin your chances of a better life. The creatures are evil and want you to stay as you are so they can gulp up all the fat and sugar you eat. They disguise themselves as cakes and sausage rolls etc so they can sneak into your stomach. They also go around your body and damage your organs and joints etc.

If you fight the little demons and don't let them in then they can't hurt you. You are in control!

Ok I know that's a bit crazy but anything that might help is worth a shot. I like to think I have won a little battle over them every time I decide not to eat bad food.

It doest always work but sometimes is better than nothing lol

Xx

Hello everyone, are u all having a good week? I've spent all day today visualising being thinner! Stinie I was reading your post about all the things you're sick of & it could've been my list!! So I've written a list of all the things I'm excited to do:
1. Get cheap clothes from primark
2. Seeing my collar bones again for the first time in ages
3. Jeans that stay up
4. Smaller bras
5. Going to the fair/park with kids and without worrying I'm too big/heavy to fit on rides...

Anyone got any to add???

Hello everyone, are u all having a good week? I've spent all day today visualising being thinner! Stinie I was reading your post about all the things you're sick of & it could've been my list!! So I've written a list of all the things I'm excited to do:
1. Get cheap clothes from primark
2. Seeing my collar bones again for the first time in ages
3. Jeans that stay up
4. Smaller bras
5. Going to the fair/park with kids and without worrying I'm too big/heavy to fit on rides...

Anyone got any to add???

Oh the list is endless lol I am going to make a complete list to include with my application for funding when I get to that stage. I could have put a lot more on the one I made in my post but I didn't want it to be too long for people to bother reading. It helps reading other people's lists because they might have written something I had forgotten about or never even considered. I think I will make a negative list of things I can't do to show the people who will determine my future. But maybe also a positive list of things I'm looking forward to be able to do. Then I can tick things on the list when I've achieved them like small goals to aim for. And if I should have a bad day I can look at the positive list and see what I have achieved so far to cheer me up.

Wow I didn't even plan to write all that. I have just talked myself into writing a positive list lol perhaps call it my motivation list. Yes, I think I will do that. Thanks xx

Ha! I know what u mean! If I start on a negative list I'd never stop!

Thinking of positive things is getting me all excited - wrists with bones, a coat that fits my arms, prettier knickers, no chafing to worry about on a hot day, aeroplane seats being (slightly) more comfortable...

Cannot. Wait.

I have to say - seeing my collar bones has been a definite plus - I keep feeling them too lol. And don't forget ankles - I love looking at them too. Waiting for my stomach and bum to catch up :) x

I don't mind you asking. I had my bypass at Treliske in Truro six weeks ago. I went for the bypass as it has been around longer than the sleeve and it has good results for long term success - if you work with it. I have a check up tomorrow and I will learn how much I have lost so far :)

Back