• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Oodles' Weekly Weigh In

Ok I feel like I had a good carb day yesterday, except I consumed soooo much food. When I got home from work I ate some tikka chicken breast pieces, then later I was scrambling through my cupboards and the lowest carb item I had was some soup. I ate the whole can!! It's the first meal of soup I've had since I came off the liquid stage as I know soup is a bad idea because you can basically eat loads of it. I had a 10pm meeting last night (not amused) so became peckish again and had a bit of a tin of those weight watchers tuna tomato things, before I realised I don't actually like it without salad. Then I had some liquorice (medicinal purposes). SO MUCH FOOD.

My shopping gets delivered today so I'll be able to defrost some more meat or fish and cook some good meals this weekend. Might do a beef casserole in the slow cooker on Saturday.

Anyway the point is that the scales actually went down today for the first time in 2 weeks. Not by a whole lb, but it's better than nowt!

I've always loved carbs much more than protein, I feel I could be a great vegetarian as I rarely cook myself meat. But now I just have to drag myself back on track and no carbs til Christmas! I just find protein such an effort to eat. I have never consumed my 65g in one day. It was easier when I ate cheese but now that makes me ill. I would even pick a plate of veg over a chicken breast right now! During the day at work I make sure I drink one coffee and then decaf throughout the workday. I prefer tea but I have my coffee very milky (like half of the mug is milk) so I try and get my protein in that way.

Fingers crossed I can stay on the low carb path! More chicken tonight (yawn). I might try low carb pasta and see if it gives me a reason to cook :)

Oh also while I'm moaning, 2 people at work came up to me yday and said how good I looked. Does this irk anyone else? One of them I have literally never spoken to before. I passed her in the corridor and did the obligatory "hi" and wondered if she would say hi back (people tend not to), she stopped and said: "can I just tell you you are looking amazing lovey!" I was a bit aghast. I don't even know this person's name and have worked by her for nigh on 3 years and she has never acknowledged my existence. How dare someone who has ignored me for years then comment on my appearance? It makes me so angry. I just want to disappear!

The other one is actually a friend of mine who I haven't seen for a while. She quietly said I was looking svelte (I'm anything but svelte lol) and I went on a tirade about the previous woman. So hopefully she won't mention owt again lol.

In eBay news, I was a little optimistic ordering size 20 trousers! My waist is a 20 but my hips are a 22 and my thighs are about a 24 I decided. I did get a new onesie which, whilst tight on the calves fits on the torso. I checked the size and it's an xl from George. I choose to believe it fits me and is just form flattering :)

One lone lb gone in 2 weeks. But cutting out carbs seems to have changed things and at least the scales are moving finally! :)

Have now defrosted chicken, kippers, beef and smoked salmon for this weekend (my mum's visiting) so going to cook some real food and live off that for the next week, until I go back home for Christmas (a week today - BRING IT ON).

So the ring I bought myself is on the verge of becoming too big. As it's been cold this week I've found the stone twisted round to the underside of my (biggest) finger. Not a big deal really as it won't fall off due to the odd shape of said finger, but perhaps I was a little previous in purchasing a ring. I'll likely have to get it resized at some point. Them's the breaks I guess!

Ok, it all seems to be back under control - phew. Apparently I've lost almost 5lb in about 4 days. Sadly this just reinforces that carbs are evil to me. WHY IS IT ALWAYS THE ONES WE LOVE THE MOST??

I feel like I have been eating loads this weekend. Yesterday I had a kipper for brunch (both halves), then about half a bowl of beef and veg stew for late lunch and a Ryvita and Dairylea for tea (don't think Dairylea agrees with me - I decided not to go for a second due to the warning stomach rumbles!), approximately one million satsumas throughout the day (as with before the op, my stomach has no concept of Too Many Satsumas - good job they only come out around Christmas!), two gherkin spears in the evening and of course my fig chew (eew) and liquorice (which has quickly turned from one to three to about 7 - need to watch that).

Going home for Christmas on Friday and I cannot wait to get out of this county!! It's only been about a week since I was there but I miss it already. My parents have been restrained with the Christmas sweeties this year. They got me some Skips, Wotsits and Quavers so I can snack if I want to, but this isn't part of the no carb plan! Perhaps I'll have a bag on Christmas day :)

It's my dad's birthday on Saturday and my sister, mum and I are taking him to a local steakhouse for his present. You choose your steak thickness so I could have have a very thin one, but actually I looked at the menu and I think I'm going to have a salmon and prawn salad. Or roast salmon and tiger prawns. Really into fish at the moment! I find I can eat it easily and it doesn't fill me up too quickly, but also is full of protein and quite healthy. Chicken and beef just fill me up by looking at it. I might stick to the veg on Christmas day and then have a protein drink later. I know it's against the rules but I'm very conscious of my last disastrous family dinner when I couldn't eat anything after half a small chicken breast. I don't want my eating to become the centre of attention.

Also on the Sunday I'm going to an adult Panto, as is our annual tradition. The first year we went I found I couldn't fit into the seats comfortably (it's a very old, little theatre). Last year was a bit better but this year I expect to have room to spare!

On the Monday it's my mum's birthday and we will likely have 'tea and tabnabs' as we call it - when my grandma and aunt come round and we have a cake in the evening. I'll just have a little bit.

Then I just have lunch with a friend to get through on the 23rd, before Christmas food and then the wedding! Oh and then a week long new year's holiday with my friends. Yeah I'm kinda dreading the January weigh in!! I will of course try and be as good as possible but one of my friends is a trained chef and last year cooked all the meals (he loves concocting recipes, that's his favourite thing about our new year hols) so I'm not sure how well I'll get on. I'll take my fry light ;)

Right well I'll post my update on Friday as usual, just wanted to mention how the tables hath turned. They may of course turn again before Friday, who knows? But I'm 3 lb off a 9st loss so I really want to get there before the wedding!!

Ok, it all seems to be back under control - phew. Apparently I've lost almost 5lb in about 4 days. Sadly this just reinforces that carbs are evil to me. WHY IS IT ALWAYS THE ONES WE LOVE THE MOST??

I feel like I have been eating loads this weekend. Yesterday I had a kipper for brunch (both halves), then about half a bowl of beef and veg stew for late lunch and a Ryvita and Dairylea for tea (don't think Dairylea agrees with me - I decided not to go for a second due to the warning stomach rumbles!), approximately one million satsumas throughout the day (as with before the op, my stomach has no concept of Too Many Satsumas - good job they only come out around Christmas!), two gherkin spears in the evening and of course my fig chew (eew) and liquorice (which has quickly turned from one to three to about 7 - need to watch that).

Going home for Christmas on Friday and I cannot wait to get out of this county!! It's only been about a week since I was there but I miss it already. My parents have been restrained with the Christmas sweeties this year. They got me some Skips, Wotsits and Quavers so I can snack if I want to, but this isn't part of the no carb plan! Perhaps I'll have a bag on Christmas day :)

It's my dad's birthday on Saturday and my sister, mum and I are taking him to a local steakhouse for his present. You choose your steak thickness so I could have have a very thin one, but actually I looked at the menu and I think I'm going to have a salmon and prawn salad. Or roast salmon and tiger prawns. Really into fish at the moment! I find I can eat it easily and it doesn't fill me up too quickly, but also is full of protein and quite healthy. Chicken and beef just fill me up by looking at it. I might stick to the veg on Christmas day and then have a protein drink later. I know it's against the rules but I'm very conscious of my last disastrous family dinner when I couldn't eat anything after half a small chicken breast. I don't want my eating to become the centre of attention.

Also on the Sunday I'm going to an adult Panto, as is our annual tradition. The first year we went I found I couldn't fit into the seats comfortably (it's a very old, little theatre). Last year was a bit better but this year I expect to have room to spare!

On the Monday it's my mum's birthday and we will likely have 'tea and tabnabs' as we call it - when my grandma and aunt come round and we have a cake in the evening. I'll just have a little bit.

Then I just have lunch with a friend to get through on the 23rd, before Christmas food and then the wedding! Oh and then a week long new year's holiday with my friends. Yeah I'm kinda dreading the January weigh in!! I will of course try and be as good as possible but one of my friends is a trained chef and last year cooked all the meals (he loves concocting recipes, that's his favourite thing about our new year hols) so I'm not sure how well I'll get on. I'll take my fry light ;)

Right well I'll post my update on Friday as usual, just wanted to mention how the tables hath turned. They may of course turn again before Friday, who knows? But I'm 3 lb off a 9st loss so I really want to get there before the wedding!!

I have rread all through your posts. Well done for getting this far. Keep up the work.

First the good news: Last day in the office!!! I've decorated myself like a Christmas tree for the office today and... I'm the only one who's done so. On Christmas Jumper Day. I mean why is no-one else wearing a Christmas Jumper? Personal achievement: the first time I've worn a skirt to this office in about 5 or 6 years. But I wanted to wear my sparkly tights. And I don't feel self conscious! I am also wearing glitter Christmas pudding earrings and a Santa hat headband. And a fully sequinned Christmas jumper. These people are such scrooges for not joining in!

Driving home for Christmas tonight (after I've finished/started packing). I'm so excited.

Apart from all the usual reasons for being excited, it means my food routine will be shaken up a bit which might mean I lose some weight! I've not lost again since last weekend. I'm not stressing exactly, because I'm eating well, I just know the golden period is over. So changing when and what I eat over the next fortnight must have some effect on my weight, whether it be up or down. And then next year it's all about fitness. On the 27th Dec it will be 6 months since I had the op. I was reading some 6 month posts on the forum on here the other day and I saw this is a common stall to have, so I know it's all part and parcel of it! So even if I don't lose those last few lb to get me to 9 st by 27th I'm really happy with what I've achieved since June. I still have about 7 st to go to target but I will never be upset if I don't reach a size 8 or anything. I have literally never been a size 8. Or a 10. Or a 12. Perhaps never even a 14.

As I squeezed quite comfortably into a 20 skirt and some 20 troos this week I was trying to think back so a point in my life when I had a size to compare to. For example I remember in my first year of uni buying a size 22 M&S top and being excited I could still fit into normal shops. So I guess I was a 22/24 when I was 18. I used to buy size 24 trousers from Etam when I was at college and from New Look, so that also makes sense. Then I remembered when I was in the first year of college, or perhaps in last year of high school, walking through town with my friends and one saying something about her not being a size 20 or something (i.e. comparing herself to something huge), and me thinking "Oh well I'm not quite a 20 so perhaps I'm ok" so I must have been a size 18 when I was 16 or 17. Which also makes sense because my weight and age matched for many many years, until I stopped getting weighed in my early 20s. So I guess I now weigh the same as I did when I was 18! Now if only my hair was the same as it was back then :)

So basically if I was ever to reach target I'm unsure I would like it. I'm fine being curvy, I mean a size 16 or 14 would be an absolute dream to me. I've never considered myself anything smaller - I've never been smaller. It's tough to describe. I don't want to be thin as such, I want a figure rather than to just be a mass. And I feel now I'm getting there.

After the wedding I'll post some more comparisons.

Have a Merry Christmas!!!

Thanks Jen :) went and got a suit today, and for the first time I don't look mannish! I got a short jacket instead of one that hides everything and felt really feminine. Apart from the fact I'm not qualified for the job I may be able to blag my way through the interview. I just have to hope they don't go too technical! I'll do some research over the new year.

Just got back from my dad's birthday meal, I did so well! I had a few black olives for starter (my sister had the accompanying bread and oil), halibut for main with a side salad and ate it all! It had been pan fried so I left the edges and just ate the 4 cucumber and 4 tomato slices from the salad. And some plain strawberries for dessert. BOOM. I'm so happy I managed three courses. Ok only like 5 olives as a starter and about 8 strawberries for dessert, but the point is I felt like a normal person being able to enjoy a normal meal out, and I don't feel uncomfortably full. And I sniffed my sister's dessert so I didn't miss out :) I think fish is a safe option for me now on dinners out - meat is just too dense. I'm so proud of myself! Just need to get through Christmas Day now. The breakfast apparently has expanded to now also include Serrano ham and melon, which means I'll be able to eat more things :) I just don't want to lie about why I can't eat stuff. If I can eat a reasonable amount of stuff, even if not protein, I'll have a much happier day because I won't think family members are staring at how much I'm eating. As long as I stick to fruit and veg I know I'll be able to avoid the side glances, and then can top up on protein drinks later on. This is my strategy!

My mum's scales this morning showed a 2lb loss from Friday, which was welcome but I won't record it on here til I get home after new year in case there's a difference.

Have a good weekend everyone!!

I'll do a weigh in tomorrow as I'm staying at the new house on Christmas Eve which is currently entirely empty, so won't have scales (or a bed, or a kettle, etc...!). And I'm not brave enough to weigh in on Boxing Day!!

This morning my parents' scales showed me in the 17s. If accurate, I made my 9st loss woop!

Today I met a friend for lunch at a Thai place. I haven't had proper Thai since the bypass, I know it's all coconut milk and noodles and peanuts. So I researched the menu beforehand and googled average calories for the dishes, and plumped for prawn tom yum soup. I expected a broth but the liquid was actually quite creamy with a bit of oil on the top. I fished out all the prawns first (delicious), then the veg. I left the soup itself. Another dining out win!

Then I remembered at Christmas my parents buy a bucketload of lychees, and just reintroduced myself to them. They are my absolute favourite! I may have over lycheed but they were amazing. And out of the Christmas sweeties so far I have had dry roasted peanuts on two occasions (I had already finished the satsumas oops) which I thought was a good protein fix.

So all in all, I think I'm doing quite well, food-wise. The only real carbs I've had are the lychees and satsumas. Very much looking forward to a roast potato on Christmas Day though!!

Thanks Kar, hope you had a good'un too!!

Well today was the wedding and all went perfectly. Got into the smaller dress, hair extensions stayed in, the speech went well and the grooms loved their day. Lots of people commented on my weight loss, including a member of the murder mystery group who performed at the wedding breakfast (awks)! I felt really pretty all dolled up.

I ate very little and... Badly. I even had a slice of toast with butter for breakfast which was delicious! But a one off. As per usual I didn't eat the meal (too busy interrogating the murder mystery people) but did pick at a potato. And skipped the dinner (bacon sarnie) but ate a cube of wedding cake as my friend's sister made it. So in total I ate the toast, half a poached egg, half a sausage, half a roast potato and a 1 inch cube of cake. And stayed on tap water all night. So I doubt I ate that many calories, but all carbs!!

Tomorrow I'm going on holiday with some friends, one of whom doesn't know about the op. He's packed a fondue set and loads of cheese recipes! I said I won't be able to handle the cheese but he should still cook it for the others. Literally don't know what I'll be eating all week as last year one did all the cooking (he's a trained chef and loves it). I would guess I'll just have to stock up on nuts, fruit and just eat the meat he cooks and get back on the no carbs thing again.

The good news is I think I may be heading into size 18 territory! I bought size 18 jeans from Evans the other day, and if a top had a bit of stretch I can get away with an 18 top. Woop! Next goal is size 16 for my holiday in March!! Won't be able to weigh in til Sunday, but I'm going to be restricted on my options so we'll see how it goes!

Back home (well, at my parents') after holiday funtimes! I had no control over my food... I started off with one sausage and beans from a cooked breakfast, next day egg and beans, then just beans, then cereal. Then this morning a cup of tea. Dinners were generally making the best of the general meal: chicken in satay sauce (sauce scraped off, served with cucumber instead of rice), cottage pie (just the meat), teriyaki salmon without the sauce on top. On Thursday I pigged out. Popcorn, crisps, biscuits :( that night I caught a chill - I had been struggling to keep warm all week but I was just frozen on Thursday night. After my sultana bran yday morning I was absolutely dying all day. Stomach cramps and general horrendous digestive issues. I think it was a mixture of bran and illness. I couldn't even face a glass of water until I had had a bath to try and soothe me while the boys tucked into a full roast... Then I tried a slice of toast and butter. Figured it would be lighter than roast leftovers. Went down well.

Feeling much better today though on the 5 hour drive back I munched through a bag of wotsits. Then for tea tonight back on the low fat houmous and a carrot. But back on good behaviour now!! And I just jumped on my mum's scales and it's showing less than when I weighed in last Saturday, which is amazing. I'll report back on actual poundage tomorrow morning.

Ooh and remembered some NSVs - helping unpack everything after the wedding, running boxes and centrepieces up to my best friend's back bedroom upstairs. Made several trips and didn't feel like I was going to die :)

Similarly unpacking my car at the cottage - navigated my way up some rickety steps and didn't get out of breath!

Hi all, well the interview went really well and I looked feminine and smart! I wore heels and also had my hair in a side bun which I was happy with.

I mean I didn't get the job but I wasn't expecting to :) I got great feedback though! I didn't have the experience they needed which was why I was shocked they gave me an interview in the first place. And just 3 months til I resign and can look for a job in earnest!

I also bought some size 7 shoes at the weekend, even though I've been an 8 since I was about 4 years old!

I measured myself today. Wish I had measured myself at the beginning of all this, but hey ho. I'm almost a 38 bra now and when I first got fitted for a bra as a teenager I was a 38! I could probably squeeze into a 38 waist now, and last time I measured my hips they were 52, now about 48.
Yay for shrinkage!

Back