• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Oodles' Weekly Weigh In

Thanks BeepBeep! My menu really isn't that varied at the moment. At the weekends I make and freeze the food I'll eat all week, and I will have something different at the weekend. So weekdays I drink as much tea with skimmed milk as I can, muller light for breakfast, a little pot of homemade carrot and lentil soup for lunch and in the evening some pork bolognese I defrosted. Then I have my figgy chew each night and 2 pieces of salty liquorice. Last week I also ate dried apricots and prunes each night for added digestive benefits but I reeled myself in when I realised all the sugars involved.

At the weekend I'll eat more varied food, yesterday I had half a smoked mackerel fillet for breakfast (was too oily for me) and 2 fried eggs for lunch in fry light. I made more pork stuff last night so had that for tea. It's literally just lean pork mince and half a ton of veg in homemade bolognese sauce. Today I'll have eggs for breakfast, make soup for lunch (and the rest of the week - I figure the lentils contribute to protein intake) and I've defrosted some prawns to cook tonight in some oriental type marinade I'll throw together later.

So only carbs come from fruit and veg, and everything else is protein based. Because I make the food myself I don't know what the calorie intake is, but they would all be free on their respective days on slimming world so I figure it's ok. I hope so anyway!!

Ive been searching for a good carrot and red lentil recipe but there are so many, what's your recipe for a batch and portion size so I can add it to my fitness pal.

Er I dunno lol - I just chucked in loads of stuff! I think a whole value pack of carrots (1kg?) half a pack of lentils, 2 onions, about 1.5l veg stock and a parsnip that I had lying around. I'm not an elegant cook - chuck it all in and hope for the best! I didn't use a parsnip last time. Then added a squeeze of garlic purée, teeny bit of coriander, chilli powder, garam masala, cumin, salt and pepper. Then just boiled the life out of it and whizzed it up! It made 13 or 14 portions, one ladle in each pot. One ladle fills a little Tupperware pot, I think they hold about 160 ml. I like my soup quite thick, like a runny paste. In my mind it's less of a slider food then as I know soup is a no no generally. Last time I made it I tried two ladles which looked like a whole can of soup-type volume in the bowl and I couldn't finish it. And I have been known to eat a whole tin of Heinz soup since the op. So one ladle is just enough for me :)

So my new uber strict regime is working. I'm nearing a 10.5 st loss now! As I had suspected, any sniff of carbs is a no no. I'm anticipating the next stall now (next week and the one after) so trying as hard as I can to make these 2 weeks of loss count.

It's getting boring though, and I am feeling hunger. When I do I tend to have a milky tea or something. I did buy some mini houmous pots and carrots, and also some seafood sticks, but I'm going to attack them sparingly. My diet is working with only eating the food I have prepared, so I don't want to jinx it! Before the stall of doom I was experimenting more with things I could handle. Still staying within the calories, but different types of foods - rice cakes, cereal, all those satsumas, and even a crumpet. With fake butter. And reduced sugar jam. I mean it was the most delicious thing I have ever eaten, but I froze the rest of the crumpets for emergencies. By cutting all of that out of my life my weight loss is resembling the golden period again! But omg I want some interesting food. I must, however, remember I only have 4 weeks til the holiday and at least one of those weeks will be a stall so I need to make these weeks count. I bought some lovely dresses off ebay which are too small. I won't fit them by the holiday but they will be perfect for summer. I've put all the clothes I want to take in my suitcase, and the week we go I will try on every single item and the ones that are too small will come out, as will any which are too big.

For the first time I feel like I'm on a diet! Before I was just restricted by the rules, but I know now I can basically eat anything as long as it's not oily or creamy. So it is a real effort to step away from the snack a jacks and weight watchers biscuits. But it'll be worth it :)

Oh god it's bake off tonight isn't it *cries*

Your are doing brilliantly, well done.
I made your soup and its yummy, made 14 165ml pots for lunches most in the freezer and enough for the rest of the week. 7

Ah, nothing moving again. I'm thinking it might be because of the soup; there are quite a lot of carbs in carrots. I've defrosted the last of my pork stuff and am getting more mince delivered tomorrow so I can prepare more this weekend. Also for my houmous snacks I've ordered celery instead of carrots. Not quite sure what else I'll eat... but it'll be reet. I've also ordered some chicken drumsticks which I'll cook (skin removed beforehand) but of course won't be able to freeze and defrost. What a pain!

I've been craving cheese for the past few days. Gooey cheesy pizza. I had a kid's pizza in the freezer which I cooked yesterday. It is about 4 ins in diameter and around 200 cals. Sadly after two bites I had to throw it away as it didn't agree with me! Deep deep down I'm quite happy about this. If I was able to eat cheese I would be doing! But of course you can't have cheese without pasta, bread or potato really. So with the removal of cheese I'm not really missing the other stuff.

Also I've noticed I haven't 'been' properly for a few days. I thought the dodginess of the cheese would give me an upset stomach, but no. I've been having my liquids, my figs, my apricots, prunes, liquorice, even some Dulcolax. I've even laid off the iron tablets for a couple of days, hoping it would assist. I had a really bad experience early on after the op so I'm always concerned things can go that way again! I'm not quite sure what else I can do. Perhaps I'll see what the supermarket can send me tomorrow. If nothing works I'm tempted to eat a huge bowl of bran flakes on Saturday and suffer for the rest of the day!

Well, I'm currently 3lb down on last week! Woop! Last night I took a Dulcolax tablet along with everything else. Mazin. Pretty sure I consume more vitamins and digestive aids these days than actual food.

I've run out of pork stuff now but I did get 2 WW quiches delivered yesterday, so I will have those (minus the pastry) tonight and tomorrow for tea before making some turkey mince stuff on Saturday. I'm staying away from the carrots now. All about the meat!

I really want to get to 225lb before the holiday (another 6lb), and we're flying 3 weeks today so it's a huge ask. But that would be 11st lost and also give me a better chance of getting on the Forbidden Journey (Harry Potter ride at Universal Studios which is infamously tight). Of course it's possible after I've eaten all my onion rolls while I'm there I don't fit anyway! But I'm going to give it a go.

I measured myself again yesterday, as I've been furiously googling measurements which will fit on the ride. I'm currently 37" round the bust not incl cup size (almost smaller than when I got my first ever bra), 38" waist and 46" hip. I hope I fit :cry:

Brilliant stuff, keep going.

Wedge yourself in, no breathing necessary while on the ride .seriously you are going to have a wonderful time x

Wow another 1lb gone this morning! Total of 4lb this week!

So now we know. Carrots are evil.

It's so hard, because of the PCOS, I now understand I basically have to cut all carbs from my diet. I'm doing okay with the protein, but now I understand that's all I'm allowed. And any carb will make me stall. I hadn't even considered that non starchy veg would contribute. I will still include veg in my mince thing that I'll cook on Sunday, because I need some interesting flavours, plus also it bulks out the meal and lasts me for ages. But I will only include mushrooms (as they're my fave), courgettes, peas and sweetcorn. Perhaps some green beans too. I know the peas/sweetcorn are sweet but it gives a nice crunch and they're only small. It's not like a whole meal of pureed carrots. And I guess tomorrow I'll delve into the world of skinless chicken drumsticks and bake them with some spice and frylight. That will last me the weekend!

The quiche last night was delicious, btw. I don't know if anyone's ever had a WW one, but it's a 'crustless' quiche with a wholewheat pastry base. The whole thing is about 270 cals but I leave the base. It's just the right size for dinner. Very enjoyable! Tonight's is a cheesy one and I'm a little nervous; I can but try!

Well done on the loss. I too have pcos and I limit the carbs I have as its always been a problem before surgery eating 1 lb of mash in one sitting smothered in cheese was my idea of heaven! I have gone cold turkey on carbonated drinks however finding lack of carbs draining. Your soup recipe with carrots was lush and I'm still working my way through the batch in my freezer. I need to find a soup recipe I like with no tomato and no carb. You really are doing well, keep going. X

My fave was mash and sweet corn. Or jacket cheese and beans. Those heady days :)

I've been looking for low carb soups and they're all broth-based with chicken and stuff. I don't feel my soup skills are that advanced! Plus unsure if I could make equal batches. I'll stick with my bolognese stuff for now.

I've not missed fizzy pop at all, strangely. It's a bit awkward in pubs but I so rarely go it's not a problem. I was never a big drinker but as I count my drinks throughout the day as food (protein from milk) it's been a lot easier to focus and get those liquids in. I guess I've learnt to eat and drink for fuel now rather than enjoyment. I miss the Friday treat of a takeaway but i haven't succumbed yet!

I've been to the pub a few times and done mineral water and coffees. I'm being taxi tomorrow and going out with my friends for the first time since October and its cocktails looking forward to it water...coffee is fine.

How much is that off

In total? 152lb. Since last Monday? 6lb.

Thought my scales were wrong but put them down in several places in the kitchen and they showed the same! It'll probably take me 3 weeks to lose the next 2lb to take me to 11st lol

Wow!!!! You are awesome......

It's been so noticeable giving up those carrots! There's literally zero variety in my food at the moment though. I made more mince stuff with turkey yesterday with loads, and I mean LOADS of veg. Feeling a bit dodgy about that. I made my portions bigger to accommodate the diluted protein, and will eat the turkey before I delve into the veg. I will have that every day now with a muller light and lots of tea and water. And my 4 pieces of salty liquorice. Perhaps some houmous and celery if I feel peckish (though I found the celery flavour overpowers the houmous) or a large gherkin. That's it. Oh I did cook a pack of chicken drumsticks (skin taken off, baked with seasoning in fry light) on Saturday. I cooked 10 and they lasted me 4 meals.

So the regime is fine for me here on my own but it'll get royally messed up when I go away. I'll be with family for a total of 3 weeks, then a long Easter weekend with them too and then I'm going to Dublin the week after. So I only have less than 2 more weeks where I'll be totally in control of my food, for about 5 or 6 weeks. Just having to be really strict with myself.

What is the brand of licorice you buy?

Back