• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Oops!

msrsimpkin

I just woke up in the middle of the night and I felt absolutely starved! My belly was growling, I had that painful, empty feeling in the pit of my stomach and couldn't get back to sleep because of it. Its the first time I've felt real hunger since my operation.

So, off I toddled downstairs to get some soup. I was convinced that because I was so hungry, a simple cuppa soup wouldn't cut it. So, I opened a tin of chicken soup. Strained, heated and poured it all into a big soup mug.

Well, needless to say, I have to remember that my new stomach may make to same demands as before, but it certainly can't compete my old one! Haha.

I drank it down far too fast and before I knew it, I'd eaten too much and felt so bloated! I didn't manage it all, only about 2/3 of it, but I definitely should have slowed down and stopped way before I did!

I'm pretty sure I didn't dump. The only thing I experienced (am currently experiencing, should I say?) is that overly full, bloated feeling you get when you've eaten too much. Think Christmas dinner kind of bloated! Haha.

Note to self: Slow the eff down! ;)

You live and learn hun :)

x

Even 10 months out I sometimes forget! Difficult to change a lifetimes habits overnight. Good luck x

I just woke up in the middle of the night and I felt absolutely starved! My belly was growling, I had that painful, empty feeling in the pit of my stomach and couldn't get back to sleep because of it. Its the first time I've felt real hunger since my operation.

So, off I toddled downstairs to get some soup. I was convinced that because I was so hungry, a simple cuppa soup wouldn't cut it. So, I opened a tin of chicken soup. Strained, heated and poured it all into a big soup mug.

Well, needless to say, I have to remember that my new stomach may make to same demands as before, but it certainly can't compete my old one! Haha.

I drank it down far too fast and before I knew it, I'd eaten too much and felt so bloated! I didn't manage it all, only about 2/3 of it, but I definitely should have slowed down and stopped way before I did!

I'm pretty sure I didn't dump. The only thing I experienced (am currently experiencing, should I say?) is that overly full, bloated feeling you get when you've eaten too much. Think Christmas dinner kind of bloated! Haha.

Note to self: Slow the eff down! ;)
I woke up in the night and was thirsty and gulped down water - that hurt. I think night time waking is very tricky xx

Back