• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pain update...eeek!

LisaG

Disappearing slowly
Hi all,

If you read my last post you'll know that I've been having pains in my abdomen. The very common left side shooting pains but also some other pain on the middle/right side deep down.

Well, saw my surgeon today and was in with him for almost an hour. He had a feel of my tummy and listened to it. Said there was lots of activity (which I don't know is good or bad).

Now being referred for a barium swallow/meal and an ultra sound scan. Back to surgeon in 2 weeks and depending on the results he may put a microscope down (orally) through stomach and intestines (ouch!!! :eek:) to see if there is still a blockage (for those of you that don't know I had a blockage after my op).

He thinks that one of my joins may be too narrow and may need to be stretched or that I may possibly have gall stones. Either way it's all a bit scary...especially after my last hospital experience.

Was really worried when he was considering re-admitting me today!!! Managed to talk him round and got out of there pretty quick after. Feels a bit silly of them to do that as the pain comes and goes (well, one of them. The other one is there all the time) and REALLY do not want to be back in hospital :cry:.

Whilst I was there he reviewed the DVD of my op again with me...very strange to see myself like that. Very surreal indeed! Obviously we didn't watch it all in the hour so he's also going to review it properly tonight to look for any more clues.

So watch this space and I'll keep you posted. Thanks to all those who sent me lovely well wishes xx

Sorry to hear you are still in pain Lisa, but it sounds like the surgeon is taking it seriously and will hopefully have you sorted soon.

I must admit, i seem drawn to problems had by bypassers as it seems quite common to have some sort of complication afterwards - it does worry me actually as my op very soon.

Its reasuring though that the problems seem to resolve themselves in the end and i have not seen any posts from anyone with regrets of having the op.

Best wishes & take it easy until you are feeling better.

Hi Lisa
I was very interested to read your problems, i had my op last thursday 29th i am having the same sort of problem in my abdomen middle right, feels like someone tugging and pinching me with a shooting pain. I have to go back and see surgeon again on monday.
Hope you feel better soon.
Take care huni. xx

Hi again all,

Well, one test done and no gall stones! Horray. Bit annoyed that hospital told me wrong info though. If anyone has to have a gall stone scan in the future it's 'no food for 4 hours' not 'fill your bladder with 2litres of water and hold it in for ages whilst you wait'. Luckily they were still able to see my gall bladder as I can obviously only eat very little still.

Barium swallow on Monday and back to see surgeon on Thursday. Fingers crossed all is okay. Strangely enough I haven't had any pain for a week now! I'm hoping it was just pain from inflamation.

Will keep you all informed.

Good luck for next week xx

Glad you have no gallstones as I wouldnt wish that on my worst enemy.

Fingers crossed (as you have been pain free this week) that it was just inflamation and that you remain pain free.

Horray! All clear everyone...had my barium swallow and everything is running smoothly with no blockages. Had no pain since I last saw the surgeon so we're putting it down to 'healing'. Feel much better now. Thanks for the lovely messages everyone xx

Back