• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pickle's 2 days post op

pickle

Doing it for my boy!
Ha, ha, couldn't think of a decent title so above is a bit random but hey.

Im am due my gastric band surgery on 13th May (friday 13th:eek:). I am having it done in Belgium by Dr Chris De Bruyne, done lots of research on him and he has an outstanding reputation. Price was a big factor for me, otherwise i don't think i could have afforded to have it done.

I am onto day 2 of my 14 day pre op diet. We are just told to eat low fat, so that's what i've been doing.
Today ive had,
Egg and wheat free toast, deli turkey salad, mullerlight, some chrispbreads and houmous and salmon, new potatoes and veg for dinner. Oh and options hotchoc to satisfy the chocolate monster.

I am hoping that this menu seems ok. Still can't believe that in 2 weeks time i will be banded and hopefully looking forward to a happier life.

Hi and Welcome Pickle, Good Luck with your wls.
unfortunatly I cant help with the low fat diet as I am still along time off my op, but I am sure someone will be along shortly that can help you x

Hi Pickle, i was told to aim for 800kcal....which was HARD!!! i had 2 weetabix for brekky and then lots of water and very very light lunches and slightly heavier dinners (used the rest of cals on that)

pre op diet is a killer!

Hi Pickle, just wanted to wish you all the best with your surgery x

Beware of the carbs, they do restrict them on the pre op diet, or at least mine were, i thought the potato allowance was for a midget (no offence to the midgets out there).

I think it's awful when you pay all this money for surgery and all the guidelines for the pre op diet are 'low-cal' Makes you wonder what they're doing for their money grrr

:wave_cry:Hi Pickle,
That's a great start to your diary
Good luck on the pre-op low fat dietx

Hi Pickle,

Good start to your diary, i will follow to see how you progress.
Low fat alone (in my opinion) wont shrink your liver enough, you need to low carb aswell.
I followed very low carb and low fat for the last 5 days of my pre-op and my surgery went fine.
Excellent sign that your liver is shrinking is the amount of times you go for a pee....drink lots of water to detox and shrink your liver too.

Good luck hun
xx

Beware of the carbs, they do restrict them on the pre op diet, or at least mine were, i thought the potato allowance was for a midget (no offence to the midgets out there).

I think it's awful when you pay all this money for surgery and all the guidelines for the pre op diet are 'low-cal' Makes you wonder what they're doing for their money grrr

Hi Pickle,

Good start to your diary, i will follow to see how you progress.
Low fat alone (in my opinion) wont shrink your liver enough, you need to low carb aswell.
I followed very low carb and low fat for the last 5 days of my pre-op and my surgery went fine.
Excellent sign that your liver is shrinking is the amount of times you go for a pee....drink lots of water to detox and shrink your liver too.

Good luck hun
xx

Yes, this has been really bugging me. Low fat for me just isn't enough info, a low fat diet usually means high carb.
I have a load of Cambridge diet packs leftover from my last vlcd, do you think if i were to have 3 of these and a low carb low fat dinner ie fish and veg this would be ok?
Failing that can anyone give me ideas on a low carb/ lowfat plan?

Thanks ladiesx

pickle that sounds like a good idea

pickle that sounds like a good idea

Thanks Magicbeans.

At the moment i could flippin kick myself, I had a slice of keylime pie and a packet of crisps. Why oh why did i do that? I'm meant to be doing this properly. I hope i haven't f*cked it up.
I think that i had the diet mentality flaring up, i decided to start following the cambridge diet with a low carb diet mixed in and i think i got jittery about it.
Do you think i will be ok? I have got 11 days to go until i'm banded.:cry:

Right i'm in the swing of things now with my pre op diet. Have been doing low carb/lowfat, so for breakfast i have been having boiled egg, then lunch is a small chicken salad and dinner is salmon and green veg. If i get really hungry in between i just have a slice of ham. Have been having 2 litres of water too. I seem to have dropped 7lbs in the last week even with a slip up the other night.
9 days to go.

In 7 days time i will be banded!! Hopefully all the waiting, emotions and post pain will be worth it.
Got most of my money changed into euros now, and just counting the days until the big day arrives.
My kids are staying with nanny and i'm flying out with my DH, i'm kind of excited nervous about it all.
Pre op diet still going well and according to my scales i've lost 10lbs in 9 days.

Pickle your doing well. Keep to low fat and eat as little carbs as u can. as u know i went to Dr Chris. He does say to eat plenty of protein, oily fish and chicken.
good luck xx

Thanks Maura, i have been guffing down bolied eggs and live off chicken throughout the day mostly....it's weird coz my cravings have completely diminished and part of me thinks i could carry on like this until i reach goal weight, but then i have a quick reality check and remember that any weight i have previously lost before has always been regained....and then some!!
How you getting on luv? Are you in any pain still?
When is your first fill?

Ouch, ouch, ouch...i'm back and will be ready to update when i'm feeling better in a day or two.
All went well though

Well done ... I'm really looking forward to hearing your stories. I'm going for my first pre-op appt today and I'm so excited. Can't wait to get a band. Good luck with your recovery xx

Thanks Maura, i have been guffing down bolied eggs and live off chicken throughout the day mostly....it's weird coz my cravings have completely diminished and part of me thinks i could carry on like this until i reach goal weight, but then i have a quick reality check and remember that any weight i have previously lost before has always been regained....and then some!!
How you getting on luv? Are you in any pain still?
When is your first fill?

hi pickle.i am about 95% recovered. have stitches out last week and all is well. havent booked my fill yet but will be doing it soon. how are you now?

Ouch, ouch, ouch...i'm back and will be ready to update when i'm feeling better in a day or two.
All went well though

it will take you a day or two to recover pickle, but you are over the worst.. well done... keep me posted :):):):)

Back