• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Please please please read and help!!!

sammyc

im 14 weeks post opp now and ive lost 6 and half stone BUT in the last 2 weeks ive been really not right i cant really eat im living off milk the though of food makes me start feeling sick then when i do eat im sick i dont wanna eat anything but im making myself im never hungery and if i can eat anything i eat 2 spoonfulls and feel full.
ive only been like this the past 2 weeks and dont know whats gone wrong i was doing really well eatting all the right things and was really happy now i wanna sleep all day feel sick and dizzy all day and wish i never had the opp done ive called my team and ill be seeing them on wednesday
has this happened to anyone else PLEASE HELP
THANKS FROM A VERY DOWN SAMMYXXX

sammyc said:
im 14 weeks post opp now and ive lost 6 and half stone BUT in the last 2 weeks ive been really not right i cant really eat im living off milk the though of food makes me start feeling sick then when i do eat im sick i dont wanna eat anything but im making myself im never hungery and if i can eat anything i eat 2 spoonfulls and feel full.
ive only been like this the past 2 weeks and dont know whats gone wrong i was doing really well eatting all the right things and was really happy now i wanna sleep all day feel sick and dizzy all day and wish i never had the opp done ive called my team and ill be seeing them on wednesday
has this happened to anyone else PLEASE HELP
THANKS FROM A VERY DOWN SAMMYXXX

Wow, I haven't had my op yet so can not comment but just wanted to say. If you feel that poorly can you not ring your team again Monday and explain to them that you can not wait till Wednesday and you need to see them now. Or at least speak to them on the phone.
I really hope you fee better soon, you have done so well try not to get too disheartened I'm sure it's just a blip. Good luck and hope you feel your normal self real soon.

Take care xx

Hi Sammy i am almost 9 months post op but sorry i'v not felt like that but do think you should see your team, do you think something may be stuck or do you have any pain, i know i have read some where, it is common to get absesses where they cut and joined things, not that i want to scare you but thats a possibility, yeah like lady above said you may have to ring your team gain tomorrow, if you can't take nuther3 days without knowing whats going ob and feeling the way you do, think you should get checked out. You have done so well so far, our bodies are really complex things, someone needs to take a look at ya. xx

If your the same today and tomorrow go straight to A+E in the morning, at least they can start the tests to get to the bottom of it. I was told by my bariatric team to go to A+E if i noticed that things were not right, clearly something is not right so go get checked out.

Hope you feel better real soon

Kim

I'd go straight to A+E now if I were you. Especially if you have been like that for two weeks. Go get yourself checked out ASAP and take care xx

I agree with the others, you should go to A&E or at least be on the phone to your team first thing tomorrow.

Sounds awfull, especially after doing so well. I'm a novice, but I agree with the others get yourself checked ASAP.

How you feeling now Sammy any different ? Hope so if not don't wait get checked out been thinking bout you today. xx

Hi

Don't know if this will be any help but I was fine untill 10 weeks then suddenly started getting pain every time I tried to eat, and could only eat a fraction of what I was. I had a read through the booklet I was given and under the problems section it said pain on eating could be an ulcer forming at the pouch joint, so I went back on lanzoprazol and after two days the pain went away so going to take them for another month just to be sure. This may be what you have and if it is you need to be seen soon to get medication before it gets so bad it needs to be fixed by surgery. Sorry if this panics you but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Paul

thanks paul u could be right i stopped taking the lanz after 4 weeks but was told to take for 6 months i started taking them again yesterday and i feel a little better seeing my team weds so ill get sorted i had half a bowl of beef stew today and some weetbix so feel better x

Pleased to hear you feeling ittle bit better, i have just been allowed to stop my lansoprazole last Wed after my checkup i am almost 9 months post. xx

chrisa said:
Pleased to hear you feeling ittle bit better, i have just been allowed to stop my lansoprazole last Wed after my checkup i am almost 9 months post. xx

Hi

Just a bit curious,wondering why you able to stop your Lansoprazole?you say your 9mths post op.
I'm 16 mths post op and still take mine,and have to take for life.
Why are do hospitals give different advice/rules for the same op...I just don't get it!

Hi, after reading your post i can only answer the bit that you ask has anyone else felt like this.......i will answer yes to that, I have been feeling sick since the day of my surgery, its almost like morning sickness just all of the time where food is concerned, I ended up having panic attacks as i couldn't eat anything as i always felt sick once i had a drink or a full cup pf tea....it took me some 4 months to finaly get appointment to see my surgeon in the mean time i went from a size 26 to a size 10 in 5 months, when i saw the surgeon he told me that i am not to lose anymore weight i was 9 stone then, he put me on anti-sickness pills so i could force some food down as i was becoming malnurished, i know weigh 7 stone 10lb and i'm having a endoscopy to find the cause of nausea, there have been rumors of a reversal bounded about but i dont want to have come this far just to go backwards, I know how your feeling and a wise lady once told me "it will get easier" and it will, take the rough with the smooth and be proud of what you have acheived, p.s make sure you get a endoscopy or as the other members have mentioned make sure you get seen asap as the earlier they detect a problem the easier it is to fix it xx i truly wish you all the best (ask for metrocloprimide aka anti sickness to help you eat and stay nourished) xxxx

Back