• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2 weeks in hosp 16 weeks post op

sammyc

ive been in hosp 4 2 weeks i had kiddey stop liver stop and 3 bags of blood all coz i stopped eatting
i didnt feel hungey and all i felt was sick so stopped eatting ive lost 8 stone in 16 weeks and feel so ill
ive now been told im anarexic by my team and feel there is not enough after care mind wise after this opp

Which Hospital were you under.

Sorry to hear you have been poorly, and we all need to eat and drink.

L&D have referred me for counseling, as they are concerned that I will go from one extreme to the other.

We are all here to support you, so please keep us updated.

I hope the counselling helps you address your food issues and you make a speedy recovery xx

I'm sorry to hear your sad news. I think that anyone who went through what you have been through would not want to eat very much either. I had a straight forward op and was home within 2 days, but I have had to force myself to eat so that feeling of not wanting to eat is not as rare as you may think.
Losing so much weight in such a short time can cause you a lot more problems in the long run, so as hard as it may be please try to eat, even if you just stick to lots of fluids water and full fat milk if possible and try and eat a lot of full fat yogurt until you are better. I really hope that as your body heals you regain your strength and appetite.
To go through a bypass is traumatic enough, let alone suffer from the added problems that you did, your poor body must be in turmoil :(
Keep posting to let us know how you are getting on, I hope that we can all be here to help pull you through these dark days *Hugs*

Oh Sammy so sorry to hear that, you must be feeling dreadful, that is shocking, I am a creature of habit and never miss a meal time even if i am not hungry and never feel thirsty but do drink continuously. I am pleased you have been in hospital where they could assess you and see just what condition you are in. Now that is sorted they will be able to work with you to overcome the problem and lets hope 6 month down the line you will be loving your new body and feeling like it loves you xx take care we always here for you xx

I am really sorry to hear this Sammy and hope you get the support you need now to feel better.
xx

Sammy Hun I'm so sorry to hear what you have been through.

How do you feel now? Do you want to get better and are you making a start on eating /drinking etc?

Nx

Hope you soon feel better, Sammy sweetheart :wave_cry: Take all the help you are offered as this is for life & you are so young ... hugs to you, lovely :) xxx

So sorry to hear what you've been through. I imagine this happens more that people realise. When you have an unhealthy relationship with food I don't think it would be too hard to it to turn from too much to too little. Now you have a diagnoses I hope the NHS help you overcome this and find a way to have a balance. Hope you feel better soon. Lots of luck x

Sammy really sorry to hear what a tough time you have been having - I hope you are starting to feel better and able to have some oral intake again? I look forward to following your threads as you get better xxxxx

Wishing you well, Sammy.

Wishing you full recovery, hope you get a balance on this for your own well being Sammy.

Back