• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Portion control - part 2

I agree Maz, customer service is crap in this country. Not everywhere but it stands out when we get good customer service and that should be the norm! XX

Was that Bloomingdeli's? The customer service there is amazing. I went with friends for lunch and I wasn't wanting to eat bread so he gave me a small portion of salad and tuna which wasn't even on the menu.

No it was Giardinos... where's Bloomingdelis ? Sounds like a good place to try.

Please send a letter of praise to Giardinos Rose
Everyone is quick to complain about bad customer service but not enough people praise good service.

lamornamiss said:
Please send a letter of praise to Giardinos Rose
Everyone is quick to complain about bad customer service but not enough people praise good service.

I agree - even if you just send a quick note or thank you card to say how refreshing it was to encounter such great service.
I work as a Customer Services manager, and it's a real bonus to hear people telling you when you've got it right.
xXx

Well, I've submitted a new thread for the comment forum on our intranet and will let you know what response I get !

Its only meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lol

I got given a card by my provider , it shows the date of band and band number etc........i carry it with me @ all times not just for meals but incase I have an accident and need too let medical ppl know and it states on there about the type of needle they would need to use (huber) incase they need to defill me in an emergency, coz not every hosp has a bariatric team - hth xxx

Rose i'm with you, i would happily purchase a full size portion, as in pay for a full size, but have half of it because

1. Seeing too much on the plate can be quite off putting (unless of course it's chocolate profiteroles)

2. I hate to see waste, my husband is getting bigger eating my leftovers...

I don't see what the big deal is...

Saying that we popped into Greggs Saturday whilst in town for some lunch on the run/walk. I asked Trev to get a Tuna Crunch Baguette (tuna,mayo, spring onion n lettuce) and to ask the asst to cut a 1/3 off the end for me. She 'couldn't' do it, not allowed.... Health n Safety i'm guessing lol xx

...She 'couldn't' do it...

Wouldn't more like, why on earth would she not be 'allowed' to cut a third off the end....I assume at some point the roll had to be cut lengthways in the firstplace to get the filling in?!!!!

I do agree with what Rose is saying....if typical portions sizes weren't getting ever larger, then maybe we wouldn't have such an obesity epidemic on our hands....I read the other day than now 1 in 10 people worldwide are obese.....1 in 10? That's crazy, especially when considering that includes the huge populations within many starving third world countries, it really is unbelievable, as these figures are predominantly boosted by certain European countries & the USA.

Reactions: Bev
No it was Giardinos... where's Bloomingdelis ? Sounds like a good place to try.

Half way up the high street, down ravens-something road.. next to the doctors surgery and the barbers I love it there and they do the most amazing coffee

Ages ago I went into a wimpy restaurant and asked for a kiddies meal and I got told that I couldnt have one as I wasnt a child. I therefore proceeded to show them by band card and stated that I had a gastric procedure and that was why I asked for a childs menu. Anyhows she still declined me and I sed fine and I told them I wouldnt be eating @ that particular branch any more and I was going to report them too trading standards to which the staff sed do what u like.......Hmmmmmpphhh I thought........and ya know wot ppl I did just that I rang trading standards up and explained all what had gone on etc and he proceeded too tell me that they infact had broken the law and it was an infringement of my civil liberties/rights etc and they got fined for it....I couldnt believe it tbh I just assumed they could do what they wanted.....and ya know what I did , I went back in there and ordered the food again just because I could lol and they didnt batter an eye lid....lol......and I never been back since either!!!
Fantastic, i love it when people get a taste of their own medicine. How rude !!!

Well how annoying Rose, I would be irritated too. Portion sizes in general are getting far too big. Maybe an idea to contact the restaurant manager?

Saying that we popped into Greggs Saturday whilst in town for some lunch on the run/walk. I asked Trev to get a Tuna Crunch Baguette (tuna,mayo, spring onion n lettuce) and to ask the asst to cut a 1/3 off the end for me. She 'couldn't' do it, not allowed.... Health n Safety i'm guessing lol xx

Our canteen at work won't cut whole baguettes in half - eg if you want to share one with a colleague. You have to either preorder two half baguettes, or cut a whole one yourself back at your desk! You can't order two halves at the counter cos they have a policy of 'one person - one sandwich'.... Ridiculous. The meal portions are massive too - they will do half portions (and you pay over half the cost!) and you can ask for meals eg without chips but you will still get charged the same price as the full meal. And all the sandwich fillings are swimming in mayonaise.

DaisyMaesy said:
There is a card ion the BOSPA sight but it does not look very professional. Anyone know of anyone who designd business cards maybe we could get a batch made especially for WLSurgeryers!

I could do this - graphic design is what I do print and web : I also have contacts at printers - even for credit card style cards.

Hi scarlet,

I would love one if you ever make any,I'm dreading eating out with my family on holiday,and it be nice to have something with me.
X

Scarlet - I'd be interested in a couple of cards too for me and hubby. Just be nice to show the waitress rather than announce it to the whole restaurant in future.

Me too I would be interested xx

Back