• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post op diet

annettedimond

I'm 4 weeks post op and have good and bad days with food yesterday I managed 2 cream crackers and cream cheese, today I'm finding nothing goes down well. Any one got any idea of what food to eat I'm so fed up with cottage pie. My protein intake is so poor and feel tired a lot and my weight loss very slow. Need help please x

What stage are you on hun?

I'm 4 weeks post op and have good and bad days with food yesterday I managed 2 cream crackers and cream cheese, today I'm finding nothing goes down well. Any one got any idea of what food to eat I'm so fed up with cottage pie. My protein intake is so poor and feel tired a lot and my weight loss very slow. Need help please x

I know how you feel. I'm on the soft food phase, and for the last three days or so food is an issue to swallow. I get hungry, but when I eat it just hurts afterwards and I think it is a build up of trapped wind. Is this what happens with you too?

Casseroles are good. So is cod in butter/parsley sauce. Heinz big soups are great, or you could make a pot of stew. Bolognaise, chilli, tuna with a little mayo, poached salmon with a sauce is nice too :)

I supplement protein intake with protein shakes daily. I always have one for breakfast for a full 30g. of prots. It really helps feeling less weak and lose weight.
The only problem is finding the one protein powder that tastes ok for you. Most health shops do sell samples or will be glad to mix some up for you to taste before you invest in a 1kg. sachet.
I also add unflavoured protein powder to food I cook (i.e. meatballs, icecream, omlette) to boost protein intake through the day.
I'm 6 weeks post op and aim for 70g prots a-day.

Back