• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

post op food

holliepop

Hi guys i go into hospital tomorow for my bypass on friday so i,m going post op shopping could any of you guys give me some advice on foods to get in so i,m prepared for when i get out of hospital x

for the liquid stage?? ive been having oxo cubes,bovril,cuppa soups,actimel,hot choc,juice,tea,coffee etc good luck with ur op xxx

milk and yoghurt. Also the heinz big soups are good for protein and blend well. Avoid lentil soups for now as they will probably be too heavy for the pouch and better tried at puree stage.

Oh and no added sugar custard powder. Aunt bessies is a dream made up with milk and vanilla essence.

These are brilliant ideas as I am a bit stuck for different things I can have. I am 5 days post op so still on fluids but I will try the sugar free custard.
Trish

I have sloppy readybrek with skimmed milk, or yoghurt with skimmed milk, or sk milk smoothie with a slice of banana and a spoon of dozen fruit. Lunch is always soup which is home made or Big Soup 1/2 can which I blitz and add milk to thin.
I add a scoop of protein powder/skimmed milk powder to everyhing.
Just repeat this is various forms. Remember, you still need to drink as well.
Have you bought the book Return to Slender, I found it helpfull, a little recipe book for all stages. Making pea and potato this week. Variety is the spice of life xx

Back