• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

post op jealousy?

Thanks hun, I suspect you know who it is:eek::eek:

I think I can make an educated guess! You're getting your life back and you deserve it too!
Obscene finger gestures at the ready!

Lx

Im getting close to not being the biggest in my family and friends and can see some of them not looking forward to being the biggest in the group a title i have owned for many a year, one friend goes on about loose skin all the time and every time i see her who ever is there she will say hows your loose skin going? not how you feeling or how much weight have you lost, then an aunt said last week you dont want to loose any more off your face or it will age you lol like i can stop it from just coming off my face. Iv not had anyone brave enough to tell me iv took the easy way out yet but sure as hell if i do they will never say it again lol

Oooooh! This post really annoyed me! :mad:

From what I can tell you look doubly gorgeous now you've lost weight. How in hell can they say this to you. Your 'friend' sound like an utter, nesty, vile, jealous b*tch. Your aunt sounds like a busy body with too much (uninformed opinion). I'm so annoyed because deep down they want you fat, but would be the first to say "should you be eating that?" or "poor Rybens, if only she'd lost a bit of weight". Who do these people think they are with their quackery!?

Rant over. I guess it hit a real raw nerve for me, to me it reminds me that no matter how nice folk are to your face, some of them are simply out for themselves even vicariously so (which is the worst of all!).

Candie & Rybens
Ignore them (easier said than done). Keep your head up and do what you do and don't look sideways! :)

sooooo been there !! certain friends as my weight loss fell off turned out to not actually be friends at all.

After a lot of soul searching I realised they liked me big it made them feel better about their own insecurities and hasted the way I was looking now.

The crunch came after my surgeon asked me to a magazine article and when it came out they made such cruel comments - i finally discovered my new self confidence enabled me to finally deal with a bully and cut them out of my life.

Sad but true and I had no confidence before and was grateful someone was my friend however unhealthy.

Yet another bonus of WLS !!!

Just to say try and ignor which i know is easier said than done. I've been bullied nearly all my life about my weight. All i can say is that yes they're jealous and want to make you feel small as they know you are very venerable at the moment.
Try and talk to friends and family who make you feel great not bad

xx

You will have to get used to this. Different people have been nasty/jealous with me as I have got smaller. The people concerned were happy when I was the biggest person in my circle of friends and family. My mum says I have to say something back to some of them when they upset me and to reminded myself its them that have the problem and I am now looking the healthiest I have done ever in my adult life.

Chin up and make them even more envious!!!!

Candie you will always be the 'bigger person' that is bigger in your very caring attitude that has not been affected by how negative your relative is being. Toss that sort of remark aside you look so marvellous from your pictures and deserve to be happy.

M

Aww Sal wha an annoying thing to happen after you are doing so so so well! I have no words of wisdom - and although me and a friend who is post op bypass have a mutual friend who is nasty to her and not to me - I have no words of wisdom - I am of a different camp where I would tell em to do one! LOL But I understand that a family member is a whole other kettle of fish. I hope you resolve this and I want to send you a cuddle.
Sally x

other people try to push thier insecurities on you hun, they like having the friend they kinda pity I guess, I have had the "oooh stop dieting now your looking too thin" and the "yeah well its easy for you" comments, and also had a blip with my partner really not liking the way i was heading with ribs and dramatic weight loss, but like us it takes time for other people to adjust too I suppose.
You look amazing, your healthier and I'll bet a lot happier....
As already sod the thought for the day is "sod um, im doing this for me"
xxx

Back