• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pretty down I haven't lost weight for over a week now

Ric

Wants to run a marathon
Hi guys I had a sleeve nearly four weeks ago now, and have lost two stone since the start of my pre op diet 6 weeks ago which I know is awesome, and I'm glad I'm over the moon,

I,m just worried I'm not gonna lose anymore:(

I know it's probably gonna start again but it would be nice to get some support:eek:

Cheers

Ric:)

I was the same this week. 6 weeks post bypass and zero lbs off this week. Felt pretty glum until I realised the inches are shifting! I think when we get such great losses in the early days, we kinda expect it to carry on. But, as long as it moves in the right direction, it can only be a good thing.
Anyway, am sending u my best and stay strong, we will all get there in the end! xxx

Same here week 3 lost next to nothing, lots of posts been on here saying the same sort of thing. Not that it helps when you get on the scales x

Hiya, I'm just the same 4 weeks post op (sleeve). Lost 24 lbs from pre op to date but nothing for past 2 weeks!
I had my 4 week post op review yesterday and was reassured all was well. Our bodies are reacting to our new limited food intake and holding onto everything but my body has lost inches ! Weired!!
I'm told things will soon start shifting again soon... Be patient xx

Am the same Ric so dont panic !

Try and stop getting hung up on the numbers. Check out the thread called Non Scale Victories. I am sure you have something you would like to add even in the early days :)

I am now 4 months post-op and my weight loss has always been staggered!

One week I can lose 9lb and then for the next 2-3 weeks nothing at all.

Everybody loses at different rates and speeds, it will come off.... it has too!!!

xx

It seems to be a common thing that weight loss is a bit stop-start for all of us. We have a good loss, then either gain a little or stay the same for a few days, then go back to losing a bit more and so on . . .
I wouldn't worry about it too much at this stage, as we all seem to be in the same boat xx

Be patient it will come off im 5 months post op start weight was 23st 9lb now im 15st 11lb its strange how it stops n starts but it always goes in the right direction and even when im not losing weight im noticing my body still changes its like it has to play catch up so dont panic you will lose the weight the one thing we overlook is we cant lose all our weight at that speed so when it slows or stops for a while we tend to go into panic mode about it and think the worst

Keep on plodding hun it will come off soon ((hug)) xx

Hi Ric I watched your video diaries last night and they made me feel a lot more positive about surgery!
I'm having my sleeve done on the 22nd Nov :).

From what I've been reading on this site and on a lot of the videos on YouTube the weight loss does slow down but please stay positive Ric! and well done on your weight loss so far .

Cathykats x

Back