• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Could I have a blockage??

everpositive

Hello guys,

Was gonna just add this onto Tendersage's post about regurgitation but I think mine is a bit different?!?!?

Pretty much every day in the past week, I have had to throw up at least one of my three daily, still very tiny portioned meals. Its not a feeling of nausea that comes over me either. What normally happens is very early on as I'm eating, I feel a bit burpy and uncomfortable. I'm chewing everything really well and having pauses in between bites. I try and persevere although I know its going to end badly. What then happens is I get a very unpleasant feeling of discomfort/pain which is both felt around my chest but often in my back too. It then feels like everything is just piling up in my oesophagus. I'm left with no option but to allow it all back up which believe me takes no effort. Doesnt even feel like its coming from my stomach and I dont even need to wretch or assist its arrival. This has happened with a range of textures and consistancies of food. Tonight a had a quorn sausage and some very light mash. On another day it was a ryvita cracker with edam. At the weekend it happened with a bit of a chicken drumstick. Whilst I'm happy with my weight loss (almost 3 stones in 8 weeks) I am a little worried at the lack of food I intake and whether this can still be put down to it being 'early days'??? :rolleyes:

Cheers all x

Claire this sounds almost the same as mine, i do not feel nausous as a rule i feel somewhat tired, a little warm, and without any warning i am heaving and i have no option but to allow it up.

The three things i make sure of is eating slowly, chewing at least 15 times on each mouthful and not drinking with or just after a meal.

Claire

sounds to me like your over eating, remember your stomach is about the size of a golf ball, so you may think your not eating a lot, but in fact you are !
And your stomach is now at the bottom of your osophogus just behind your chest ! so when its full it pushes against your chest, and thats the brick in your chest type feeling your getting !

I'd cut your amounts slightly, and just eat till you start to feel that feeling and stop, even an extra mouthfull is enough to make the difference between full and over full !

I dont think you have the same problem as Sage though !

Not good is it?!?!?

Just been trying to find stuff online about blockages following bypass. Don't want to talk ourselves into believing we have this but found loads on something called a 'stoma stenosis'. This basically means the outlet pipe from the pouch is too small and food isnt able to pass through. Procedure to rectify seems fairly straightforward but I do so hope for both of us this isnt the case. I'm going to call my lot tomorrow and see what they think. I have Mr Ammori's number too (he did my surgery) but I better go through the nurse first.

Yeah you are probably right Silversurfer. I have considered this, but I'm eating so little before that feeling comes on me. Plus I have had quite a few bigger portioned meals that have gone down no problem even wholemeal bread based meals. For example I had a toasted crumpet for breakfast and it was just fine?!?!?

Cheers mate x

Yeah you are probably right Silversurfer. I have considered this, but I'm eating so little before that feeling comes on me. Plus I have had quite a few bigger portioned meals that have gone down no problem even wholemeal bread based meals. For example I had a toasted crumpet for breakfast and it was just fine?!?!?

Cheers mate x

It doesn't sound like you have a blockage ! how long has this been going on for you ?
I have good days and bad days, a good day i seem to be able to eat and eat, bad days a few mouthfuls and i hit my restriction, even with meals i've had in the past or know i can handle.

If your really concerned i'd call your health proffesional and ask there advice on this, though i'm sure they will probably advice you go back a stage to sloppy food for a few days to give your pouch a rest !

yeah that sounds sensible SS. Cheers love x

The pain that goes through so its in the chest and back is wind in the pouch. I know you said you're eating slowly etc but what about the size of the bites? They should be the size of the rubber on top of a pencil, and chewed to liquid.

Back