• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

protein shakes/clear liquid supplement

Paula1975

Whats the best protein shakes that tastes ok and doesn't cost an arm and leg?

also whats a clear liquid supplement? i'm sure this will be while in hospital anyway, but just in case.

thank you :D

Hi I think all protein drinks are expensive and very few taste nice, one very great tip I read of karlos was milk is your friend in the early days and a great protein boost at a very cheap cost x

It's not that cheap (£21.00 for 900g's) but I've just started Reflex diet chocolate protein shake. I got it from a site called dolphin fitness. It's low in carbs/sugar so that and the fact that my friend uses it made me decide to give it a go. It's not the best taste in the world but if you make it with very cold water it taste ok, my friend said she been having it ages and now looks forward to it every day. It now means I'm actually hitting my protein requirements which I was no where near before. As it has been said milk is a great form of protein and no need to spend lots on it. I can't seem to tolerate post surgery but if you can it will save a lot of money. You can add no added sugar crusha to it if you fancy a change. I know you can get a clear liquid form supplement, no sure where from but I heard of one person putting into a ice lolly maker and freezing it to make it more interesting :) x

My hospital suggested smoothies, I tried complan, build up and slim fast and they were all dreadful. Now I am one week out and the only thing I can cope with is smoothies.

I make them in blender milk, total yog and fruit. As a bonus it seems to be keeping things moving on the bowel front as well, which for me is vitally important

Back