• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Protein Supplements/shots

good idea angie but i think some of the stickies that havent been visited for some time need moving. i seem to spend ages when bobile scrolling through stickies that arnt being read.

Hiya
Tina as far as I know; I don't think you can get protein in a tablet form....but if anyone knows any different that would rock!!
I tried a 'ProSlam 27' yesterday after trying a bit of HC's/Carole's 'ProShot 25+1'....after having I felt like I had been stung by stinging nettles all down my throat and over my body- I just thought it was one of those things and it did eventually wear off. I tried another one today and the same thing happened. My mum thinks I might be allergic to something in it- has this ever happened to any one else?? I was really excited when I found out about these protein shots because I thought they could really help me get to my recommended 60g of protein- and I actually quite liked the peach one!! :rolleyes:
PG/Nic- you seem to be quite good at nutritional stuff- do you know of any alternatives?? Any suggestions?! :confused:
Thanks for reading- I am really determined now to crack this protein lark and get my 60g a day!! ;)
:party0011: Xxx em xxX :party0011:

The pro slam does make me tingle as well, it doesn't happen to everyone but is a natural reaction to one of the b vits and does not mean you are allergic. That said, I don't like the feeling so I buy the online ones which do not cause that reaction. The ones HC buys also do not cause that feeling.

Here is a link about why you tingle & explains the science behind it:
Beta-Alanine: Why Does My Skin Tingle After I take It? :: CNP Professional

As for pills, yes they make them but when I did a bit of a google & I don't think you can get them here in the UK. Also the amount of protein per pill is kinda low (less than 2-3 grams) so you would be better off having a glass of milk or hard boiled egg. Also the more barriers to digestion you create (pills being harder to absorb than liquid, liquid that has been processed instead of natural absorption) the more likely you are to miss out on some of the nutrients. That's just my opinion, have a google yourself and see if you want to pursue it. My verdict is that pills would not be absorbed easily by a bypasser and would be a waste of money/effort.

Nic;)

cheap supplements have been out of stock for AGES - have been waiting for 4 weeks now - will try somewhere else for them
xx

Think I will ask my Dr if there is anything else on script as I am sick of fortimel

Thanx for the advise

bleurgh yuck gag gag

mine arrived today and as you can tell I am not impressed !!!!!!!!!!

In their neat form they are far too sweet for me so I have chucked it in a jug with 2 litres sugar free squash and bunged it in the fridge so I know I have to drink that jug and I know I am getting my 2 litres fluid and 42g protein to boot !!!

try that if you cant stomach them as they are

xx

Just a quickie - this is Lizzie's Mum here - is there any reason (other than cost!!) why someone can't have two of the 'Pro Shot 25+1 ' per day? I know there are a lot of other chemical is them. Thing is when Lizzie comes out of hospital, she is going to have to consume between 90 - 120 grams protein daily. So difficult to achieve as she finds the whey shakes so filling that she then struggles to eat anything at meal times!!
All ideas thankfully welcommed!!
xxx Lizzie's Mum xxx

Hi Nic,
Thank you for your suggestion - you don't know if they have in them what ever it was that made Lizzie 'tingle' like an alergic reaction that is in 'Proslam'? She is hopefully coming home from hospital on Friday, providing she can do the stairs!! Whoopeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
xx Lizzie's Mum xx

No, only Proslam has the tingle stuff. The link I gave you is for New Whey protein bullets and they are tingle free. Really hope Lizzie can come home soon, hug her from me.

Nic:p

discount-supplements.co.uk - have just ordered some of the 42 grams drinks - half price sale 12 drinks for £20.99 - a lot cheaper than some other ones I have seen.
thanks for the advice Nic!
xx Lizzie's Mum xx

Thanks guys - have just ordered some tingle free ones from the link above :D Happy days! x

*bump*

Back