• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pureed stage ideas??

HoPe*87*

Hi,
Im going for my op in less than two weeks now and I will be going shopping soon to by my post op puréed food. My hospital (Sunderland) say straight after discharge ur on purée food for 4 weeks.
Any idea on wot will be nice and things to have in greatly appreciated xx

Im thinking weetabix or ready break for breakfast then custard or yoghurt lunch time and soup for tea. Does this sound about right? Xx

Hi
I was done at sunderland too. Diarylee triangles are a life saver. I ordered my pureed food from a company called Wiltshire food, they have a depot in Newcastle and deliver to your door. The meals were about £5 but I was getting about 4 meals out of one. Google them it will take you to there website they do some really good stuff.

wow your on pureed quick... i was on liquids fr 10 days before pureed... but this is what i would have...
Mash, veg and chicken pureed in gravy.
Fish, veg and mash pureed in fish stock.
heinz soups all pureed.
tinned meatballs in gravy, mash and veg pureed.
ooh and my crimbo dinner was pureed.
shepherds pie pureed in gravy.

hope this helps a little bit xx

u will get a sample menu from the hospital and its got a list of high protein foods u need 6 from the list each day. eg a glass of milk is 1 or a low fat yoghurt plus 1oz of fish or chicken but remember blended, plus 2 from the fruit and veg section a day and 2 from the carb list it sounds confusing but when u get ur leaflet it will explain better than I am lol. Sunderland encourage the high protein straight away n its really hard cause its really filling. xx

happy days said:
Hi
I was done at sunderland too. Diarylee triangles are a life saver. I ordered my pureed food from a company called Wiltshire food, they have a depot in Newcastle and deliver to your door. The meals were about £5 but I was getting about 4 meals out of one. Google them it will take you to there website they do some really good stuff.

agree I went thru alot of dairylee triangles easier wen ur not hungry and u need to eat ur protein xx

Last edited:
Theres no way i could have started on puree. Whatever you puree make sure its really runny otherwise you wont get it down. If you are having trouble switch to liquids, soups, milk, ovaltine, juice etc these go down nice and easy. Get some protein drinks in as well. Its good to be prepared for when you come home as your quite sore.
Oh and pureed roast dinner with gravy is nice.
Good luck, keep us updated
Kim

I was on liquids for 2 weeks so by the time I went onto Purée I was having just what hubby was having but putting it in the blender, I added milk powder to up the protein too.

Thanks everyone!! I know I'm going to really struggle with this stage as the thought of purée food makes my feel ill!! That's why I'm trying to go for things that are normally that consistency lol xx

afandou1999 said:
Hi are the d/l triangles normal or low fat? thanks Xx

I had dairylee lite xx

it mite of been laughing cow ones cause they were deffo the lite version xxe

Weight watchersnsoupsmare nice puréed, theyre just like thicker soup.

I'm the same as Marie though, I was on liquids for 2 weeks. Only just gone on purées

Cottage cheese perhaps? Thats good for getting your protein in :) I think thats gonna be my staple at the pureed stage

nikshikari said:
Cottage cheese perhaps? Thats good for getting your protein in :) I think thats gonna be my staple at the pureed stage

I hate the stuff!! I'm going to struggle with puree but if I have to eat it I will force myself coz I don't want to be ill xx

do u like any other cheese? xx

Make a big batch of stew and puree it and freeze it. I got 8 meals and my sister got a big tub. I had beef this time but got chicken for when that runs out. Tastes lovely pureed and saves on cooking. Yes a bit repetitive but Iv got weight watchers frozen mash and add a bit cheese in it for protein topped with gravy when I want a change. Also soup, custard, semolina and yogurt. X

i had scrambled egg made with milk and a bit of grated cheese on pureed stage x

lol yeh I only like triangle and cheddar cheese, u will be fine, but deffo get some cheese triangles in the gud for if ur on ur way out n realise u havent ate yet or just cant be bothered to cook for such a tiny amount xx

Back