• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pureed stage

nikshikari

I desperately need some ideas for this bit. I am four days post op and they put me straight onto puréed food. I am struggling to be honest. I have blended cottage pie with melted cheese for extra protein and had petit filous's. All I can feel is indegestion in my gut :( xxx

Do you have stomach tablets like lansoprazole to take? If it persists I would get back onto the hospital get it checked out. low fat custard, sugarfree jelly, pureed fruit, cauliflour cheese, sunday lunch can last me 5 meals if I keep enough after the dinner for the week. Half a tin of veg soup blended up not as bland as you think, fish pie if you like it, lots of things really. xx

Yeah I have lanzosporal etc. thanks for the ideas :) xxx

Hi

The first week after my bypass I could not take mince, no matter how much it was blended, chicken was fine though, try staying off red meat for a couple of weeks.

Paul

Hello x try Turkey Mince - very easy to digest and so gentle on the new pouch xx

nikshikari said:
I desperately need some ideas for this bit. I am four days post op and they put me straight onto puréed food. I am struggling to be honest. I have blended cottage pie with melted cheese for extra protein and had petit filous's. All I can feel is indegestion in my gut :( xxx

Did they say why you should go straight onto puréed food? Has anyone else had to do this or is it more normal to start on liquids. 4 weeks to go and we are starting to look at possible menus!
Hope all is going well for you and you're not in too much pain?

Sar2567 said:
Did they say why you should go straight onto puréed food? Has anyone else had to do this or is it more normal to start on liquids. 4 weeks to go and we are starting to look at possible menus!
Hope all is going well for you and you're not in too much pain?

I know every surgeon is different and mine encourage going straight to puréed. I had all my stuff ready for liquid diet as well. I am feeling okay. Finding that I need to lay down for a bit after eating or taking my tablets. I am managing the pain with cocodomal and ibuprofen.

I have to do two weeks of liquid while the swelling goes down. I am glad, as trying to purée stuff enough in those early days sounds like a recipe for stress!

Good luck chick :) xxx

Fuffs said:
I have to do two weeks of liquid while the swelling goes down. I am glad, as trying to purée stuff enough in those early days sounds like a recipe for stress!

Good luck chick :) xxx

Really lucky as my wife has agreed to take over the cooking and dietary needs for the first few weeks! If I opened up the fridge I might be too tempted.

I find home made Butternut squash soup a god send, really easy to make, very tasty and easy to freeze. Also quorn mince with onion, balsamic vinegar and gravy - then blitzed, again you can portion it up and freeze it. Aunt Bessies frozen mash - with lots of gravy and cheese.
Advocado and phili mashed together with some lemon juice and tabasco. Mackeral fillet whizzed up with some phili lite and lemon juice also makes a lovley low fat smooth pate - are they happy for you to have melba toast as it mushes up to purée when chewed well ? Hope there may be one idea there for you to try.
Good luck
xx

Sar2567 said:
Really lucky as my wife has agreed to take over the cooking and dietary needs for the first few weeks! If I opened up the fridge I might be too tempted.

That is a big help :) Bless her! Xxx

OOnion said:
I find home made Butternut squash soup a god send, really easy to make, very tasty and easy to freeze. Also quorn mince with onion, balsamic vinegar and gravy - then blitzed, again you can portion it up and freeze it. Aunt Bessies frozen mash - with lots of gravy and cheese.
Advocado and phili mashed together with some lemon juice and tabasco. Mackeral fillet whizzed up with some phili lite and lemon juice also makes a lovley low fat smooth pate - are they happy for you to have melba toast as it mushes up to purée when chewed well ? Hope there may be one idea there for you to try.
Good luck
xx

They are all fantastic ideas thank you. Sounds alot more yummy than u have planned. Dunno about Melba toast but I can't see why not :) xx

nikshikari said:

Wow! I have to continue for two weeks on liquids before the pureed food stage. I still cannot understand the vast diversity of dieticians advice... Its bizarre!

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

I went onto Pureed food straight away whilst still in hospital!
Melba toast are fine hun - as said, they practically dissolve in your mouth xx
Lovely with some phili on too xx

get yourself some little plastic pots 4oz ones of ebay then when you puree something and theres to much just put it in the pots write on the pot lid whats in it and then when you fancy some thing quick pop it in the microwave and you have your meal.
try pureeing what others are having in the house just get a jug put meat/fish and veg altogether and blend with milk or gravy to make it look better blend separately and arrange an small plate so it don't look like a brown must,same with fruit i do stewed apples and rhubarb,plums,apricots blended to get rid of any lumps pot in pot with sugar free custard and freeze.
i also get frozen soft fruits and put a few of them in a jug with l/f yougart and make that in to a smoothie nice with fresh fruit but you have to buy to much at once and it goes of quickly nice with blueberries thou

Last edited:
Fuffs said:
That is a big help :) Bless her! Xxx

She is hoping to go on a diet by having the same food just not blended and in larger quantity. We'll see how long it lasts, she definitely likes her food but can go up and down in weight whenever she wants. Wish I found it that easy!
Not long to go now! Are you all ready?

Sar2567 said:
She is hoping to go on a diet by having the same food just not blended and in larger quantity. We'll see how long it lasts, she definitely likes her food but can go up and down in weight whenever she wants. Wish I found it that easy!
Not long to go now! Are you all ready?

The intention alone is very sweet :) I wish I could do the same with my weight loss also lol

I am ready as in packed. Emotionally, I can only hope. I think I am. But having sleep trouble. So there is inner tension somewhere lol

nikshikari said:
I know every surgeon is different and mine encourage going straight to puréed. I had all my stuff ready for liquid diet as well. I am feeling okay. Finding that I need to lay down for a bit after eating or taking my tablets. I am managing the pain with cocodomal and ibuprofen.

I didn't think we were allowed to take ibuprofen & cocodomal, I may be wrong was told paracetamol only and liquid paracetamol for first 2 weeks after. Maybe check with your team really hope it all gets better soon x x

The intention alone is very sweet :) I wish I could do the same with my weight loss also lol

I am ready as in packed. Emotionally, I can only hope. I think I am. But having sleep trouble. So there is inner tension somewhere lol
I had the same trouble with Sleep also. My doc has given me some kinda sleeping pills to help me drift off. Good luck for your operation. Looks like you have waited a really long time for it xxx

Back