• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Runny nostril

Jen1961

Is on her way!
I'm not sure if this is down to my gastric bypass or not but ever since having it I have one nostril which constantly runs. It's more prominent when I eat my meals and I can't go anywhere without a handful of tissues.

I don't feel stuffy like a cold, it's just a bit bizarre how it's only my right nostril and it's still happening 9 weeks post op.

Anyone else noticed this and does it sort itself out eventually?

On another plus since my op, my hair is no longer greasy and needing washing everyday. It's still full of bounce and glossy on day 3. Result!! :))

I get this every time i eat not sure the reason for it but like you always got tissues to hand.

My nose runs when I'm full, it's a handy indicator!!!

ooh i didnt know all this... i guess i got a runn nose to come then lol xx

It's called a soft cue, Jan ... everyone is different. My soft cue is hiccups & it means your little tum has had enough ... xxx :wave_cry:

Omg I thought you were joking when you said about runny noses. I have had hiccups. But a while after eating. I had no idea that was a cue. So funny. :).

It happens with me if I'm eating or not. I can be emptying the dishwasher before having breakfast and I have to play find the tissue lol!!

I'm going to do more research I think hehe!!

I've had a runny nose since having my op almost 10 wks ago but its not just wen I eat its constant from waking up to going to sleep, so does this mean I'm constantly full n shouldnt eat lol, I was at the drop in ctr recently bout my asthma n they sed my immune system cud be low thru the op but am getting fed up theres nowt worse xx

i'm taking 1000mg of vitamin c powder daily to help out the immune system .........it seems to stop the runny nose whilst i'm at work

this has really freaked me out.... i posted near the begining of the thread that this hasnt happened to me... then ten mins ago i had some baked beans and mini sausages for breakfast... then after i finished i felt full then..... my nose started running!! i maybe wasnt that consious of it before orit has only just started!! then to top it.... i come on here and the very first thread is this one!!!!

Yep i get the runny nose thing its just a signal youve had enough but its bloody annoying though lol

Back