• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Scars not healing

MissCupcake

Hi All,

I had my surgery 3 weeks ago now and am having a slight issue with my scars.

Out of the 5 scars 2 of them have healed over fine. Two if them had little stiches poking out which my GP pulled out about a week ago.

The big scar has healed 90% however on when end of it there is a scab that falls off every now and then to unveil an open wound, it seems to not be healing, so every few days or whenever I have a bath the scab falls off and I'm back to square one, this is the same with 2 of my other scars.

It isn't particularly sore but does catch me off guard every now and then.

I am worried as I have my first fill in two weeks and I'm worried that if the big scar (where my port os) is not fully healed they will delay the fill.

Has any other bander had this?

Any advice??

:( Sophie x

ive not had my op yet...but i know to try and heal wounds you need it very clean and air....being on your tummy, i suppose it is covered up a lot?

try wearing a cropped top in the evening maybe? or a lavendar bath could help....

these are things i would do anyhoo....im sure someone wil be able to give 1st had advice though xx

I only wear dresses which are fairly loose fitting and i wear loose pj's to bed so I get as much air as possible to it, and I bathe/shower daily. This is why im so confused, I have a feeling my big scar may need another stich potentially.. :(

Have you got any waterproof dressings, sweetie? You could try keeping them dry for a week or so to help with the healing process. :wave_cry: xxx

I bought dressing and my GP told me to let the air get to it.. Im going to try and go to my GP tomorrow but just wondered if anyone else had issues with their scars. x

I agree you need to keep them dry for a few days even if it means not bathing just having a wash and lay down with the scars open for a few hours a day,i had to do this when i had 67 clips in after my hystorectomy to get the air to dry it. i had infection in one section and had to be very careful.

Hmmm ... I didn't but my hubby had an op which was slow to heal & he was told to keep it dry. If as you say getting them wet in the bath caused the protective scab to fall off, this is counterproductive. Maybe go back to showers for a while.
I'm sure your doctor will advise if it needs another stitch too. xxx

Now got the image of you runnng naked all weekend in my head:beam: :D

Yes I'm having some problems with mine I'm 2 weeks out nearly and part of my scabs keep coming off or splitting. I wake up in the morning and my nighty is like dot to dot. I have started wearing dressings on 2 as it's the only thing that protects my clothes. X

i would put a waterproof plaster/dressing on it when having a bath or shower and see if that helps x

Back