• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Scars

wildthing

Hi All,

Was just wondering if anyone has any ideas how I would explain the couple of scars (particularly the inch size one by the side of my belly button) as I only ever told one friend about my op, and would never want to tell anyone else. If I meet someone new and get into a relationship or go on holidays with any of my family, I really wouldn't know how to explain my scars. Any good excuses out there?

Appendix, gall bladder? Although I think if you go on to have plastics those scars will be removed :)

Yea didn't think of the appendix, was worried about using gallbladder incase someone asked me symptoms etc and also incase I end up having gall probs later on life!

hernia repair?
that way you don't have to worry if you have still got yr appendix and gall bladder etc. Just a thought x

Hi Judy

Soon enough the scars will of faded to very thin lines. Its up to you really, I think just saying you have had laparospic surgery will satisfy most people. Obvioulsy if you do get into a relationship and as time goes by you will want to tell them the truth, they will probably wonder why you dont eat much anyway lol x

an appendix scar is around a 4-6 inch diagonal scar on right side so anyone who has had their appendix removed(like me) would see a huge difference in the scar.

Why not be open and honest and tell people the truth? I have been asked 3 times by people in the gym what my scars were from etc and i told them i had a bypass etc and they were really positive and friendly.

The scars do become very light and the only really visible one, is as you said the main 1 inch one.

You could always use Bio Oil to reduce them aswell.

But i wouldnt want to spend my whole life lieing to the few people that have asked me :)

hi there
I think Mazza and Mike are probably right. Most people will be impressed that you faced upto such a huge challenge head on and accepted that you needed help to lose that weight. I, like most people would think that you ar amazing for doing it. If they don't are they worth knowing????
Take care
SB

any keyhole gyny type op will have the same sort of scars, i wasnt ready to tell people at first but as i am loosing weight i am not bothered as much, tell people what you feel comfy with when your ready to say more you will
sewingbelle

you could always say you needed keyhole surgery just to check that some problem you had was ok. just say womens problem, people dont usually press for more info then execpt to say that they hope everythings ok then you just say yes. i have been very open about my surgery as every one who knoes me knows how ive yoyoed and with the best will in the world none of them would beleive that i cauld do it myself. thats not beeing nasty of them thats just how i am lol. some of my fammily that i dont se often ive not said anything to as i want to see there faces next time i see them and thats just me being smug lol.............kath x

I have yet to have my op but when i do i will be open and honest. I've had the embarassment when starting diets only to fall off the wagon a short time after. Weight loss surgery is not an easy option to make, there is no shame in using a tool medical science has come up with.... Like my stretch marks from 3 pregnancy's my 4 inch scar will be a badge of honour...

Plus if the kids don't spill eventually someone will! xx

Its up to you what you tell people but you will need to make sure you tell everyone the same thing you could tell them it was an investigation and leave it at that. Then if you do meet someone and it does get serious you have not strictly lied to them and you can then tell them the truth as having secrets like that from someone you may be planning on spending a long time with is not a good idea

i agree with telling the truth as it was your decision not theres to make so if they dont like it tough it is your health and happiness that matters and if you do get into a relationship and it does get to be long term you dont want him to find out you lied to him or he may think what else have you lied about. Hope you don't think I am speaking out of turn. Good luck and best wishes on your weight loss journey xxx

If you are worried about this and really want to keep it to yourself I think something vague like "stomach op." which is not lying and therefore easy to remember and not accidentally say the wrong story! x

Thanks guys, think I will keep it vague and say gynae investigations and if I do get into a relationship then I will have to say the truth when I think its going to be a long term thing. I feel I can't tell my family cos I'm always moaning about being a single mum and having no money, yet I go and spend £5k on an operation which they will see as unnecessary as I could have dieted it off...

Back