• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Should i be disappointed?

tashaliza

Hi, I'm 3 weeks post op bypass and in the last week I have only lost 3lb :(
should I be disappointed? I thought I would lose a large amount at first and then it would slow down but now to lose 3lbs seems quite disappointing..... I keep thinking I am doing something wrong
Tasha xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

a bit of advice get rid of the scales as they will become your worst enemy, trust me i know. after my op i went 7 weeks with out losing a pound i got so depressed every time i got on the scales that in the end i smashed them ..lol the weight will come of but some people lose it quicker than others im now 9 months out and have only lost 5 stone since my op but its still 5 stone of rather than on. there are some people that lose a stone a month, dont go on what other people are losing as that to will upset you just take each day as it comes hun and the weight will come of, and yes it is normal to only lose small amount as well xxx

People lose weight at different rates but 3 lbs is good. Weight can fluctuate after surgery as you're still swollen from your op. Fluid intake can also effect weight.

Like Tray said though, don't keep weighing yourself. Just concentrate on recovery at this point and getting adjusted to your new life post surgery.

Thanks for your replies, I suppose that's one of the problems when you are always on a forum, you tend to compare yourself to everybody else.
When you don't lose as much as others you get worried :(
Tasha xxx

I think that is understandable. When I used to use minimins, I would see people with fabulous losses on the same diet as me, and wonder why. Then my week would come and a good weight loss.

You will do great! The another new post opper will be looking at you, hoping to do as well :)

As others have said try not to compare it's your journey not other peoples, we are all so different i paniced just after my op as week 2,3 and 4 i lost nothing but i did go on to loose 10 stones in my first year! xxx

As everyone has said try not to compare yourself to others as everyone losses weight at their own unique pace.

3lb loss a week is excellent:happy096:

should I be disappointed? I thought I would lose a large amount at first and then it would slow down but now to lose 3lbs seems quite disappointing..... I keep thinking I am doing something wrong
Tasha xxx

Hello there, well done on your weight loss. Darling give your self time too heal first plz. I wouldnt be disappointed with any loss tbh ( but thats me), your not doing anything wrong hun, just follow your providers guidelines and you will start melting away - Wishing u all the best - Julie xxx

Tasha xxx

Hi,
Below is the message that I had posted today. I had my surgery the day after you and feel very impatient with my weight loss. I have been given lots of very good advice today but I do know how you feel.
Suzanne
x:)

"I hope that someone can offer me the reassurance that I need as I am at home trying hard to think of anything else. I had my Bypass on the 7th April 2011, so I am almost 4 weeks post op. I have been incredibly lucky (so far) in that I have not had pain or any complications.
Right from the moment I went on to pureed food, I found it disconcerting that I never had the "feeling" of fullness, that pain that tells you when to stop, so I made the decision to stop at what I knew was the correct amount.
I started my journey at 20 stone with a BMI of 46.6 in February. I stayed on the pre op diet for a month out of choice and lost 2 stone, so was 18 stone pre op.
I am now weighing in at 16 stone 12 pounds but am so disappointed at the rate of loss.
I don't understand, how doing my own thing I can lose 5/6 lbs a week and yet with surgery and eating high protein, low carb and so little compared to past life - why its not falling off.
I keep reading that the first 3 months is when the massive shift of weight starts but I don't see how I am going to catch up and suddenly lose bundles.
Am I being unreasonable with myself or should I have a word with my surgeon and tell him I am unhappy?"
xxx

Your both worrying unnecessarily, especially the lady who only lost 3lb in three weeks. Your body is recovering and holding onto it's reserves...

People throw the demon scales away, they are the bane of the forum to slow losers, i know from experience x

Please don't worry hun, you have had some good advice. Your body is still holding on, just believe that it will come off, and you are going to be a brilliant success, I promise you xxxxx

Thanks for the support :) you lot are amazing!!!!!
You have made me feel so much better xxx

Yes we are aren't we? No kebab can make you feel as good as we do :) xx

Thank you again for all your lovely kind works of encouragement and support. I know that my body must be holding on to the weight for whatever reason - just wish it would let go sooner rather than later!!!
XXXX

Back