• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

SHOULD I BE WORRIED ?

debbieb

Just a quick question... Since I have had my bypass , I have noticed that my hair seems to be coming out ! .... Don't get me wrong , I don't mean in great clumps, just when I brush my hair there seems to be an awful lot of hair in the comb , or when I run my fingers through my hair I always manage to get a lot of hair left in my fingers ! ...should I be worried ? , what do you think ?

Hi Debbie its something to do with your body and its lack of vitamins they do say it will rectify itself eventually, its good to keep your hair cut n trimmed regularly to keep it in good health and encourage the growth mine is the same, I have bery thick coarse hair but I can tell that it is no where near as thick as it was there seems to be a lot less of it when i run my fingers through it but it drops out all the time strand by strand on my clothes and hair brush, bit embarassing really i have mine died blondish so I can see it on my clothes, has been like that since just after my op x

Apparently it has to do with lack of protein. My dietician sad that she had a patient who was blending nuts in her milk and this kept her protein up so meant she wasn't losing hair. I love my hair, so I'll be trying this when my time comes.

cjskts said:
Apparently it has to do with lack of protein. My dietician sad that she had a patient who was blending nuts in her milk and this kept her protein up so meant she wasn't losing hair. I love my hair, so I'll be trying this when my time comes.

Thank you. X

My dietition said its not always a lack of something specific just the shock to your body for getting so little so it decides what it doesn't need till it gets used to the change then it will grow back Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes thats what I understood Tonibones i am also cold all the time. xx Lucky for me I have a Lot of thick hair it is short but thats the way I like it but I know by running my hands through it I have lost a lot so feel sorry for those for the first time ever with nice fine hair, thats what i'v always wanted and now am greatful for this thick hair going thin haha x funny world we live in - swings and roundabouts!! xx

Lol bless ya I have fine hair so not lookin forward to losing it but it will come back so a small price to pay :) plus (an I know this is weird) I have pulled bits of my hair out since i was a child so I'm hoping I'm not too phased by it Xx

I've had exactly the same problem - felt like it was coming out in fistfulls :( However - it does stop! I've felt like I've had 'normal' hair loss for about three weeks now and I can feel some stubbly bits :eek: so I know it's growing back lol :D
My GP said it was most likely the shock of the op. I also have a weird ridge on all of my fingernails which is for the same reason I'm told. They're also growing back normally now, I can see it at the nail bed, so try not to worry too much :)

im hoping ill lose the hair off my chin too hun ive started to notice my hair going thin im 7 weeks post opp but i was told it could happen and that it will come back x

sammyc said:
im hoping ill lose the hair off my chin too hun ive started to notice my hair going thin im 7 weeks post opp but i was told it could happen and that it will come back x

Lol, that made me laugh, but seriously I can relate to it. I am now 13 weeks post op, but sadly the facial hair isn't thinning! xx

I started to lose my hair at about 3 months, and it got quite bad. I was even considering a wig.

However it started to grow back again at just after 9 months so it is only temporary most of the time.

I used thickening shampoos and mousse for blow drying and my hairdresser styled my hair to make it look thicker, so I don't think anyone else noticed it too much.

I was told its down to the amount of protein we have... but also its common due to having major surgery and that after a while the har loss will stop... mine is doing the same. My hair was past my bum but had it cut a few weeks back to just under my shoulder length as i was findng long hairs everywhere.... still finding hair but at least they are shorter!!
I wish my arm pit hair will fall out instead..save me shaving lol xx

Just make sure you have your vitamins as defiencency in nutrients leads to stuff like hair loss, once your body is getting them your hair will slowly and steadily grow back :)

Back