• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Shoulder pain?

Grace

my shoulders are just so painful I could cry! I'm almost 7 months post-op now (bypass).
This isn't shoulder tip pain like wind; this is in the joints. I'm finding it really difficult to move my arms; even getting dressed hurts like crazy - in fact I can't put my coat/cardigan on without help. :(

Has anyone else experienced this? My other joints (knees and hips) are also painful, but not as bad as my shoulders.

I'm seeing the doc next week.

How strange.
I have this in my left shoulder...it hurts all the time but sometimes it is so bad I can hardly lift anything with that arm. Keep meaning to go to the doctors but never get around to it.
It almost crunches as I move it and sometimes my arm and fingers go a little numb.
Does it sound similar to yours? xx

How strange.
I have this in my left shoulder...it hurts all the time but sometimes it is so bad I can hardly lift anything with that arm. Keep meaning to go to the doctors but never get around to it.
It almost crunches as I move it and sometimes my arm and fingers go a little numb.
Does it sound similar to yours? xx

Yes! I am losing sensation sometimes and can hardly lift my arm above elbow height, both arms. I also keep dropping things. The pain also radiates down my arms to the elbow and sometimes to the wrists.

I used to sleep on my tum with my arms above my head under my pillow. I can't now because I can't tolerate my arms being in that position. Its getting worse and worse.

How strange that we both have similar symptoms.
Let me know how you get on at the doctors x

Hope you both get your problems diagnosed and sorted out asap x

How strange.
Does it sound similar to yours? xx[/!

I have this too!!! the past few days my bones feel like there crunching when i move, it's mainly across the top of my back and the bottom of my neck and shoulders, the sound makes me feel sick! Then yesterday i woke up very early and the pain in my right shoulder was awful i got up and got OH to spray me with deep heat after afew hours it seemed to go and now the crunching has to! Very strange! xxx

my shoulders are just so painful I could cry! I'm almost 7 months post-op now (bypass).
This isn't shoulder tip pain like wind; this is in the joints. I'm finding it really difficult to move my arms; even getting dressed hurts like crazy - in fact I can't put my coat/cardigan on without help. :(

Has anyone else experienced this? My other joints (knees and hips) are also painful, but not as bad as my shoulders.

I'm seeing the doc next week.
Hi Grace, I have had Osteo Arthritis in my joints since it was diagnosed when I was 25! A few years ago, I experienced similar problems to yourself in both shoulders. The pain became so unbearable I was in fear of going to bed at night. It was worse then because I had no control over my arms and used to move them more causing excruciating pain. It was so bad that I used to cry out in my sleep, much to Bev's alarm! Eventually I went to Gateshead QE where they peformed an unltra sound scan on each shoulder.
The results showed that the arthritis had worn down the the shoulder joints causing the problem, where the joints met had completely eroded!
I was sent for physio first, but no use at all. Next was a course of injections into the shoulder muscle, slight relief for a few weeks then the pain returned. The injections were given using a large needle insertedin the muscle until it nearly reached the shoulder bone, painful in themselves!
Finally I went for surgery. The full extent of the problem was revealed! On both shoulders, the ragged portion of the arthritic joint had severed the tendons! On my left shoulder, it had actually sliced through the muscle. Consequently, every time I moved I was in extreme pain and discomfort. Both joints had the bone pads 'shaved' and the shoulders re-constructed. The tendons and muscle were stitched back together.
Recovery, with physio, was a long time but well worth it.
Have the occasional pain now, but nothing like prior to surgery!
It certainly made me appreciate how vital your shoulder joints are and how you just take them for granted until something goes wrong.
I really hope that you do not have a similar problem, but it might be worth asking your doctor if you can be referred for a scan. It might just reveal the problem before things get a lot worse as in my case!
Regards - Paul xx

Oh my word! Thanks for letting me know Paul, but boy is that scary! Good to hear you're so much better now though.
I will definitely ask for a scan. I've been suspecting arthritis. I hope it's not too serious though.
Grace xxx

Hi Grace,

I can't help with any advice, but so sorry that you are in so much pain. I have a dodgy shoulder at the moment but caused by tripping over the dog way back last year. I can't lift my arm either but I know it's just a muscle/ligament problem which will mend eventually. Considerably minor to what you are suffering but I can appreciate how you must be feeling.

A bit of prayer and healing required I think.

Thanks Von. It's funny how it's happened all at once since my surgery. It just seems to be one thing after another at the moment. Tut!
Grace xxx

It is strange but I wonder if there are such things as hormones, enzimes or other such elements in our bodies that take a battering nose dive or get jiggled about after such major surgery and then hit the weakest parts.

Ayway, I hope your doctor does something to help. xx

sounds to me like you have 'painful arc syndrome' - temporary relief given by a cortozone injection but an operation will sort it out for once and for all. I suffer from the same thing and am currently in dire straits from an impinged nerve in my neck and off my trolly on oral morphine - no pain and lots of fluffy bunnies!!

O nooo hope your ok soon, I do hope this isn't through Wls tho x

Keep us posted Grace, it's funny how our aches and pains seem to be playing up at the moment... let us know how you get on precious... xxx

Back