• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Slimfast

claire36uk

Hi all, I am due to have my Band operation 29th September, I have started doing Slimfast this week twice a day and a evening meal just so i can get my head in the right place before the operation. I was just wondering if anyone has experienced a horrible taste in there mouth, i am drinking lots but keep getting this awful taste in my mouth, is this normal for slimfast to do this? I am forever brushing my teeth as feel like i have got bad breath all the time. Any advice on this i would be greatful.... X

Hi Claire

Wow not long to go now! I was on the slim fast pre op and still have the occasional one now when Im in a hurry as a meal replacement.

Are you having the ready made ones? I found in the past the powder ones left a funny taste. Trouble is the ready made ones work out a lot more expensive.

Good luck x

Hiya Mazza

I am on the powder ones as like you said the ready made ones do work out expensive, i do buy the occasional ready made one when i am going out as its just easier. I think i will have to invest in a breath freshner lol. I cant wait for the operation now, feel as if my head is getting in the right place, still feeling hungry at times but have water or fruit instead of food which is an accomplishment to me. I have lost 4Lb 6oz since tuesday so i am pretty pleased with that, i am also going to the doctor's once a fortnight to be weighed so i am getting the advice and encouragement from them as well, my Dr has been wonderful to me. How are you doing with your Band Mazza? I am excited about the operation like i said but a bit dubious about afterwards any advice would be greatly recieved. Thanks for the reply Mazza.

Hugs X

Hi Claire

You will be fine! Im doing great thanks, just had my first fill - exercising like a mad person and the weight is shifting.

Well done on the weight loss so far, the healthier you are before the op the quicker you will recover.

Maz x

Back