• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Slimpip's Sleeve Jan'14

Glad that you're home and the op went well. Not so good about the vomiting and we etching. Glad it's eased off now for you xx

Kirsty

Glad to hear from you slim pip!!! Not so glad u had a rough time, but hopefully you will begin to feel better each day now, and will soon begin to feel well!! Take your time and don't expect too much from yourself!!! Lots of love and hugs xxxx

hi slimpip so pleased your home and finally doing well sorry to hear about your sickness but now you can rest and recover and get plenty tlc from your hubby , I go in to shrewsbury on 12th feb not long till my op were they nice at shrewsbury ? have plenty rest xxx

Thanks for all of your well wishes, I'm just fine honestly. My other half (athough not my hubby just yet Wenny haha although he chuckled when he saw that, think he quite liked how it sounded lol) went away last night for a lads night as he's been toing and froin from the hospital to see me so I persuaded him to go on a night out. I slept so well with the bed to myself I must say and even managed to lie on my left hand side with some cushions to support me, it was bliss!!

Two questions, sorry for tmi by the way...

1. I was very 'bunged' up after the op, not much movement, little food and I guess it's no surprise however now I've had very loose and incredibly smelly (sorry!!!) stools for 2 days. Has anyone else experienced this?
2. My tongue is absolutely coated in a white film and my mouth constantly takes like ass (sorry again). What can I do?

X

Thanks for all of your well wishes, I'm just fine honestly. My other half (athough not my hubby just yet Wenny haha although he chuckled when he saw that, think he quite liked how it sounded lol) went away last night for a lads night as he's been toing and froin from the hospital to see me so I persuaded him to go on a night out. I slept so well with the bed to myself I must say and even managed to lie on my left hand side with some cushions to support me, it was bliss!!

1. I was very 'bunged' up after the op, not much movement, little food and I guess it's no surprise however now I've had very loose and incredibly smelly (sorry!!!) stools for 2 days. Has anyone else experienced this?
2. My tongue is absolutely coated in a white film and my mouth constantly takes like ass (sorry again). What can I do?

X
'1' above I never actually experienced, so afraid I can't give any advice.
'2' above was me to a T. white tongue is typically dehydration and the smell will go slowly as the anesthesia leaves your system and as you can drink more to keep things circulating. It helped me to make sure I scrubbed my tongue when brushing and using a minty type toothpaste. But man it was NOT fun for almost a week. :( Much better now though. :)

Thanks Jenna!!! I have been scrubbing like a goodun so will keep going! X

Thanks Jenna!!! I have been scrubbing like a goodun so will keep going! X

No worries! Just maybe inform your partner about it cause mine embarrassed me to no end about it... was not the best time for us.

X

Ditto to both...my BM's were black, it was horrid!
Still got dodgy tongue, all part n parcel I'm afraid...just use scraper,floss,mouthwash :)

Clare thank you hun, has it eased off at all yet? I don't mind it being temporary but certainly wouldn't want it to be a permanent addition haha. Feeling quite light headed today and just trying my hardest to get the protein in, through fortified milk lattes, but i can only manage 1/4 mug of coffee at one time so i'm having like 4 a day to try and get it in. However, I am really struggling with the build up drinks, i have fortimel, and it's so synthetic tasting and sickly, makes me want to vomit, which...after my experience in hospital is something I am desperate to avoid!!! Any suggestions? X

I've struggled with shakes, they feel all sticky????? I am adding skimmed milk powder to e everything...Inc soups & I'm having Greek style yogurts, no bits.

RE: BM's, no it didn't last...but it was for about a week hun, just manage wat you can & when, its easy to get caught up with using guidelines as set in stone, but everyone's so diff hun.

I can manage 200ml of fluid now which takes about 10-15mins not too hot x

I have 3 of either complan/buildup/slimfast a day to get the protein and then if I can a small yogurt pot and as much water as I can.

Blimey Jenna that's a good effort hun. Just managed almost a whole fortimel strawberry flavour 200mls in about 30 mins or so, that's it done for today and now i'm just looking at high protein soups to buy or make, if anyone knows of any then please do share xx

sounds like your doing fab how long do you have to be on the liquid stage ? and how areyou manageing the injections ? think your doing great !!

Hi Wenny, thanks so much!! To be fair I do feel very lucky to be feeling like I do! I'm a bit light headed today but nothing too major, almost like when you have a sugar dip! I had the op on Weds morning so I'm 5 days out and 8lbs down since Op day which is crazy!! I'm putting a few pounds of that down to the massive stomach they removed haha.

I wanted to post a pic, it's of me and my bestest friend in the world on her wedding day (I was chief Bridesmaid) and I adore this photo, but it also is a motivating picture for me as I look huge stood next to her. I have no resentment whatsoever, she's a dot, and like I said I love and cherish this photo and am not ashamed of it, but I thought I'd share it with you guys, hope it works :) P.S the wedding was April 2013 X

Attachments

• 20130427_123813.jpg
    20130427_123813.jpg
    406.7 KB · Views: 114
And...I just realised I completely ignored your questions:

-i will be on lquids until a week on wednesday, that can't come round soon enough I can tell you!

-the injections are fine, i have no issue with needles so just get on with it really :)

Sorry for my ignorance haha xx

Slimpip you look beautiful in that photo, nothing to be ashamed of there at all, gorgeous, and so is your BFF x

wow you look lovely in this picture your quite tall as well ! 8lbs already that's good going I suppose its just trying to get enough fluids down at the moment give it time it will come your bound to feel light headed , and that made me laugh about my questions and thanks for answering with my op being next week I am just a bit curious of everything , your a lovely young woman and now you got so much to luck forward to

I haven't got a clue how to put my picture on here our a ticker lol

Hi Wenny, thanks so much!! To be fair I do feel very lucky to be feeling like I do! I'm a bit light headed today but nothing too major, almost like when you have a sugar dip! I had the op on Weds morning so I'm 5 days out and 8lbs down since Op day which is crazy!! I'm putting a few pounds of that down to the massive stomach they removed haha. I wanted to post a pic, it's of me and my bestest friend in the world on her wedding day (I was chief Bridesmaid) and I adore this photo, but it also is a motivating picture for me as I look huge stood next to her. I have no resentment whatsoever, she's a dot, and like I said I love and cherish this photo and am not ashamed of it, but I thought I'd share it with you guys, hope it works :) P.S the wedding was April 2013 X
What an absolutely beautiful picture!! You are both stunning in it! Glad your doing ok! Xx

Back