• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

SO EMBARASSING!!!

natashoorrr

Well I got a new bed at Christmas that gave me a bit more room in my bedroom.. Well the other day I was woken up by a crack.. the wooden frame on one side had broken.

It was one of those single divan beds that has a guest bed underneath. My boyfriend did try and reassure me by saying it wasnt a very sturdy bed and admittedly it was a bit of a cheap one.

I would say its given me inspiration to loose weight but I am still loosing so this has just pissed me off and upset me more than anything!

Its been nearly 6 months on the wait list now - although the last time I rang she said it was a month less - so do they take the wait list from your appointment where the dr says I'll put you on the list or do they take it from when your letter comes through to say your on the list? If so, its been 5. Even so I am nearly half way!

Ahhh don't worry! I know how you feel though! Mu boyfriends bed broke because it was solid wood and needs at support in the middle, so when his mum moved the bed, the support fell so when my boyfriend sat on it it went crunch. They all thought it was me! Charming or what! :)

I hate staying at my parents as they have wooden frames guest beds. Mine is heavy duty metal framed!!

Hope things pick up speed at Derby for you. I have a follow up there on 18 July (at 9.30am so an early start!!)

Well I got a new bed at Christmas that gave me a bit more room in my bedroom.. Well the other day I was woken up by a crack.. the wooden frame on one side had broken.

It was one of those single divan beds that has a guest bed underneath. My boyfriend did try and reassure me by saying it wasnt a very sturdy bed and admittedly it was a bit of a cheap one.

I would say its given me inspiration to loose weight but I am still loosing so this has just pissed me off and upset me more than anything!

Its been nearly 6 months on the wait list now - although the last time I rang she said it was a month less - so do they take the wait list from your appointment where the dr says I'll put you on the list or do they take it from when your letter comes through to say your on the list? If so, its been 5. Even so I am nearly half way!

Hope you'll get your op done asap.
I know how you feel about breaking stuff...I had an exercise bike when i was 30st and after a few goes the metal frame FRACTURED and eventually broke:eek::eek::eek:
It's heartbreaking but keep the faith as it'll all be worth it in the end.

Good luck x

its a hard feeling when stuff like this happens I stood up and my foot went thru my friends decking I was so mortified everyone was laughing :(

dont worry about it, cheap beds are not meant to last, they are made to break so that they can get you to buy a new one, the only thing is that they have misjudged you, you will not need many new beds after the op you wil get your last one and lay your slim body down on it.!

Exactly! Just think one day you will see a big person in the same position and you will know what it's like and how they are feeling! You can support them, make the world a better place! :) constantly paranoid about those silver metal cafe chairs that places have! When I sit in them they move! I dread them incase it does collapse and if that happened in public I would just die! When I was on holiday in may there were all plastic chairs in the bar area. Some were do flimsy the legs would bow! Eek! To new beginnings and not worrying about the architectural properties of beds, chairs and any other weight baring products :)

Oh I agree those chairs are the worst!! and you can't relax when you're sat there all tensed up thinking you're going to break the chair!

There is not a feeling I can remember that is worse than the sheer embarrassment caused by being this large! I have an ever growing list of things I am going to do when I get nice and thin! I love all you guys for being so understanding and I don't know what I'd do without having understanding people like yourselves :)

Theme parks are what I miss....I avoid them now as much as poss. That dreaded moment when you get to the front of the Que and have to try to squeeze into the seat and get the bar down. Last time we went to alton towers I was asked to move to the other side of the ride where there was less weight....I was mortified. Don't get me wrong my other half was next to me and he was of bigger build..they basically had to split us up. Never been back since! However am taking my step daughter to legoland in august....we shall see if I dare! x

Oh my god! That sort of happened to me on Rita at Alton Towers! They basically had 4 people practically standing on the bar trying to get it to click in to place. My whole family luckily just accepted it when I said I felt sick and didn't want to go on any more rides. That was nearly 5 years ago and its the second thing on my list for when Ive lost weight :) Then one year we went to the blackpool pleasure beach and I couldnt get through one of the turnstyles. When I think back, loads of horirble stuff like this has happened and obviously not just to me!

You go think back and actually realise how much stuff like that has happened that you just emotional suppress until someone brings it all up! This thread has been a google! Glad I'm not alone lol

You definitely aren't! I just think back at when I was at school - maybe I would have been more mentally capable to deal with all that ha I have known about this site? I wouldn't even talk to my mum about stuff like I do on here!

You'll all be pleased to know I have found a new bed and it WILL be my last or before surgery. Post surgery I am going to buy whatever bed I like because I know I won't break it!!! Lol

I hope it is your last bed! It's quite funny, my boyfriend picked this resultant on holiday and it had the metal cafe chairs but in wood. It was digging into my thighs on both sides and it ducked big time I was shuffling all the time. That's when I decided, f**k this for the rest of my life! I'm going to do this!

I can't remember when that moment was for me because it feels like i've felt ready my whole life! I think I finally hit rock bottom though about three years ago. It took me around 6 months from my appointment with the Dr to getting in with tier three (weight loss management) and now have been on the list for 5 months - It can not come quick enough!

Back