• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So happy

Thanks Niccie and Anna, the purée went down well,although I couldn't manage it all, really felt the restriction, so looks like leftovers today! Hope you both have a good day x

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Sc0biegee, I am only two weeks post op, so this week is the first of the purée.,everything seems fine, taking things a day at a time.

Niccie, hospital told me 2 weeks fluids, 2 weeks purée and then 2 weeks soft. Following this to the letter and purée is very runny. Feeling fine taking it a day at a time. Thanks for your concern xx

I hated purée, so I pretty much did another 2 weeks of liquid with the odd purée here and there lol!

I can't believe how hospitals are so different I was given mashed potato the day after my by pass!!

My hospital is same as you Lin. Have to say pureed isn't the nicest. Was glad to move to softs and to be honest I could probably eat most things. I can only eat very small portions though. I'm very happy with that..! It's how a wanted it to be. To eat most things (healthy of course) but much smaller portions..X

Not really enjoying the purée Claire, but persevering with it as I was so fed up of milk although still drinking it mid morning and of a evening. So glad of the support of my family they are brilliant x

I really enjoyed making Quorn chilli its mega soft and is lovely blitzed to a purée I also peeled cut and cooked an eating apple which was amazing I used sugar free custard powder from Sainsbury. Thick soups in the slow cooker left to cook all day. Very sloppy mashed potato made with milk and seasoned and a little cheddar cheese.

That's it in a nutshell Lin - two weeks of each, then the transit back to solids. Bring on the retching and rabid dog drooling - don't be freaked if it feels like you will never get anything down every again, and heave up everything for the first few weeks. Over-chewing is not the answer. We have to push through this stage in order to lead a 'normal' diet after bypass ie everything in small quantities but being careful with sugars and fats. You will be fine - I found this stage particularly distressing and challenging, and it seemed to last forever but I made it out the other side (took about six months to finally be in the zone through trial and error). Christmas next year will be a normal Christmas dinner but a very modest size one. All you AW15 bypassers are doing really well. 2016 is going to be awesome for you ... and think of your SS16 wardrobe! Woooo! So excited for you. Hugs a million. xxxx

How are you Lin?

Beepbeepcat, I am doing ok, last week of purée and I actually have started to feel more like my normal self this week which is good seeing as I have 14 for Christmas Day lunch so you can imagine the preparation thank goodness for Hubby. Hope you are doing ok. Xx

Beepbeepcat, I am doing ok, last week of purée and I actually have started to feel more like my normal self this week which is good seeing as I have 14 for Christmas Day lunch so you can imagine the preparation thank goodness for Hubby. Hope you are doing ok. Xx

Ooh, you're brave Lin ;)

Hope the move to the next food stage goes well..x

Claire, we were having a family Christmas here last year but unfortunately at the beginning of December we had a flood which rendered the downstairs unliveable so this Christmas we have pushed the boat out and will be a fantastic Christmas. So excited. How you doing chick?xx

Claire, we were having a family Christmas here last year but unfortunately at the beginning of December we had a flood which rendered the downstairs unliveable so this Christmas we have pushed the boat out and will be a fantastic Christmas. So excited. How you doing chick?xx Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Oh no, that must have been awful..! I understand why this ones special..

I'm good thanks. To be honest I'm surprised about how not bothered I am about the amount of food thee is around atm. Especially breads and cheese. My real downfall..!

We're going out for Christmas dinner. We've done it for the past few years. Never thought I'd enjoy it but I love it.

Are you managing okay..?

Xx

I just love family time, we keep saying we will go out for Christmas dinner but I always change my mind, perhaps next year we will just go with my mom and dad!!!

I'm doing ok, don't seem to be having problems with eating, sleeve seems to be coping well, no sickness or foamies, although I do get a little dizzy at times but have always suffered with low blood pressure, so think it may be that, symptoms are the same, have a drink and a rest and then I'm ready to go again.

Back