• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Starting pre-op diet today!!

Cariadd88

Hi Guys. I have been struggling to sleep as I start my 2 week pre op diet in the morning. I am starting to feel nervous all very real now. Anyone got any advice for pre op diet? I am being banded on the 6th of December and still very excited.

Would love to hear from all that have done it

Thanks xx

Which diet are you on? The pre-op isn't easy, but for the op to A) happen and B) be as safe as possible it is vital.
I had three weeks of milk and yogurt, and I'm not that big a fan of dairy. I ended up having loads of latte to get through the milk. If you're allowed jelly people have had milk jelly. I would have loved that, but sadly it wasn't an option open to me.
It's a very short term diet, so focus on that - it's not forever, just two weeks as a means to an end.

Good luck x

Good luck!

The only tip is to stick to it 100%! Follow it to the letter . . .it won't be easy but it WILL be worth it!

Thank you both. They have given me 2 options I can either do a very strict food diet or the milk diet. As much as I love food I think it would be harder to stick to and I might get it wrong where as with the milk diet it's strict but I can't go wrong if that makes sense x

It makes TOTAL sense. My provider doesn't even suggest the milk diet but I saw about it on here and followed the NHS version of it and it took that option of food right out of the window. For me it was a no brainer. I knew I couldn't have it, and so I didn't, whereas with eating it was too tempting or quite difficult in terms of really knowing what you were having.

Plus, post op, you'll be on liquids only, and I found that not only did it really help to focus, but it prepared me for post op too :)

So pleased some one else thinks like me! With the food I'm scared I would always be having that little bit extra.

How did you find the oxo cube for dinner? x

Hey, I did the milk diet (no yogurt) for 2 weeks and all went really well. No problems :) saying good bye to food was hard but well worth it! Stick to it, I had 1 slip up :( made home made soup for hubby and son and tasted it before seasoning! Pure habit and I felt soo guilty. Not worth doing, it was an absent minded accident, thankfully though it didnt effect the outcome.

The oxo dinner is difficult but I made up some sugar free jellies and that was my treat at the end of the day. Couldnt wait for it! Lol

The first few days are hard but stick at it! :D

Hi I'm doing the milk diet ATM op on Tuesday . I found sugar free syrups really helped goggle Baratric mega store . Honestly are really nice. , lamb oxo is nice . And I make up the jelly and put it into three yogurt pots . Psychologically it looks more to me . Lots of. Milky coffee with vanilla sugar free syrup . It get easier and just drink lots . Good luck

Back