• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sudden and unexpected surgery date !

Undecided

Hi All

I've JUST had a call to say they can fit me in in less than 2 weeks time.

I've re-gained the weight I was asked to lose (I daren't check if even more !), but from my last appointment they will already know I was gaining again.

It's so unexpected ! I didnt expect to be told at such short notice. Apparently they are trying to get the numbers down and are now doing surgery at weekends aswell ! I have to have one last appointment with the nurse first. Will I be refused if I have re-gained ?

wow thats brilliant news, i'd jump at it, tbh i'm sure your not the only patient to have ever put weight back on during the wait, i would't worry to much as they've called you so you maybe a priority in there eyes, so i'm sure they will be very accomadating xx best of luck sweets, just think this time next month it could all be going your way, the write way xx tc xx

thats great news...... where are you having it done ? at Sunderland they cancel with re gain of weight.... i cant speak for other places tho x

ive just realised your at SRh how much have you gained ? you will be put on a 10 day pre op diet then seen by the pre op asses nurse its then decided if they will go ahead or not, a few ppl have been cancelled at thistage at Srh, good luck, you may be able to lose some on the milk diet x

Hi j.u.s.t.l.i.z.
I'm a Sunderlander,
That's what's confused me though. They knew I had gained when I had the gastroscopy. The guy who did it said to try and lose it again, but I didnt expect to get a date so suddenly. I was waiting for the op date so that I had a date to aim for as it was easier !!

I dont know whether to call the woman back and ask about the gain. I dont want to get myself into thinking that it's going ahead if it isn't ....

the secratery wont be able to answer the final decisions with the surgeon, there not keen on any weight gains and are becoming stricter about this, more so if the re gain is pretty substantial, dont pull out though as it may be ok x

Good luck xx

Just been weighed. Half a stone above old target weight. To be honest my sister has been very ill and the whole target thing got pushed to the back of my mind. Like I said I thought I could work on it again when i got my date. I can probably lose the weight over the next week if i try hard.

Half excited and half worried now. Gonna be a hard week or so ! I still have questions I havent had answered aswell. I'm still worried about relying on injections of vitamin B for the rest of my life aswell. What would happen if I couldnt get any ?

They said they were calling round people. She said they were deciding who was "suitable" for weekend surgery and offering them dates. I wonder how they decided ! I hate not knowing these things.

Sunday surgery. I hope the surgeon isn't too tired ! :) Hope they have had enough rest !

yeah 7llbs is not too bad do slimming world or some thing you will lose weight on the milk diet as well, im sure it will be fine x

I dont even have the diet yet and it's meant to last 10 days the woman said ! Do you just have to eat certain foods ? Not certain amounts of the certain foods ? Can I eat slimfast ?

Half excited and half worried now. Gonna be a hard week or so ! I still have questions I havent had answered aswell. I'm still worried about relying on injections of vitamin B for the rest of my life aswell. What would happen if I couldnt get any ?

you will get b12 injections from your gp surgery they will be given every 3 months, takes a few seconds its nothing to worry about these are a long term thing.

They said they were calling round people. She said they were deciding who was "suitable" for weekend surgery and offering them dates. I wonder how they decided ! I hate not knowing these things.

i dont know how its decided, i thought it was who ever was next on the list, obviously some people cant because of various commitments.

Sunday surgery. I hope the surgeon isn't too tired ! :) Hope they have had enough rest !

they have been doing weekend surgery for a while now to get the lists down, try not to over worry x

good luck and i'm sure you can do it, at least you can see & feel the goal now so i'm sure your heart and soul will be in shiffting that extra half a stone x all the best and please keep us all informed with your future excellent progress xxx

:):):)

Yeah it's just a bit scarey that you have to rely on the gp for vitamin b. What if there was some sort of crisis and they couldnt get hold of vitamin injections ? Scares me a bit that a normal vit b tablet isnt enough. lol

Thanks sicknote. It's good timing really. Have started getting really bad back pain , and now seem to be thirsty all the time aswell. Hope it's not a sign of diabetes !!

Yeah it's just a bit scarey that you have to rely on the gp for vitamin b. What if there was some sort of crisis and they couldnt get hold of vitamin injections ? Scares me a bit that a normal vit b tablet isnt enough. lol

theres always plenty to hand the reason a tablet isnt enough is because of the malabsorbtion because of the bypass this is why its given in injection form x

With a determined effort you can lose the 7lbs. Get moving girl, your future is bright :)

Back