• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The band and our monthlies?

Sarah Metcalf

If you read my post from a week ago you'll know that my band is very tight and I've been struggling to keep down meat, chicken and fish and it's been weeks since my last fill. However for the last couple of days I've been able to eat everything with no problems, but I've noticed that it's coincided with my TOTM.

So I'm wondering if anyone finds that their band loosens when they've got their monthlies or is it just coincidence? I've got my next and possibly last appointment on Thurs and was thinking of asking for a tiny defil but now I'm not sure. Thanks xx

Not sure Sarah- don't get them any more! I know that it can take a couple of weeks for your band to 'settle' after a fill though because it can swell slightly after a fill making it feel tighter to start with and then it eases off after a wee while.. perhaps this is what is happening to you- unless its a leak?

Hello there, my totm does not make my band any tighter etc. Best to get things checked out xxx

Hi. My body works in a similar way with my band too - the week and a half before TOTM my band feels really tight. I dont get water retention outside my body now - but I did read that that the water retention can be in your internal organs making the band feel tighter. The first month I suffered but I couldnt work out what was happening. But then it was the same last month so I reckon the reading I have done must be right. Strange thing this band, eh x

I get very tight when TOTM and have to stick to fluids.
However, a few days before i can eat a man off his horse and go back for the horse.

Back