• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The great band journey

Hi moo842 have you looked at Bento Boxies they are a Japanese thing,they are boxes that are small and in small portions so you can put a lot of things in savoury,sweet etc. the idea is that you don't over load.n they are on Amazon but have a look around price wise :)

Well I'm going for the polar one for now, I don't have a microwave at home so reheating stuff is a nightmare, so might come in handy for keeping stuff warm! At £6 it's worth a go anyway.
Yesterday was difficult, I spent the evening feeling hungry, I think it was real hunger rather than head hunger as my stomach was actually hurting :-( this is the hardest I've had it so far so can't really complain, and weigh day tomorrow is keeping me motivated!
I did have a hot chocolate ( just an options one) but that seemed to help, and although I felt like I was cheating it was only 35 calories so I think I was ok, I'm managing on just over 600 a day at the moment.
Totm today and I feel really bloated, but trousers feel really loose? So I'm obviously going the right way! Hoping I'll feel less hungry today, off to work in a mo, so that helps keep me busy.
See you all later

So I'm having a bad day again today... Got on scales and it said I had put on 3lbs! Don't even think that's possible as I've only been having around 600 calories a day for over a week now! So cue me getting on and off the scales about 10 times each with a different result, so right now don't know if I've lost, sts or gained. Scales are a problem for me, wish I could just chuck them away... After my band I may join a club so I can get weighed weekly.

It doesn't help that we have a meeting with the consultant about my youngest today and I am expecting them to give us a formal diagnosis for her. But I have this feeling that they're not going to, I think they're going to send us away to see what happens in 6months/ a year. This diagnosis of course won't make a difference to who she is, but I need it to help me with the feeling that somehow I've caused this behaviour! I felt the same with my eldest when we were going through it with him, and having him diagnosed took such a weight on my shoulders!

So today is a big day for us and I really didn't need the whole scales saga this morning :-(

I'm trying so hard, but I must admit these past few days have been hard, but I'm on day 9 now so nearly 1/2 way there, surgery is two weeks today, so at this time in two weeks I'll be on the other side... I just really want something to eat, my stomach is constantly hungry :-(

I'm sorry things are not the best for you at the moment, but hold on in there! The journey isn't easy, and I know that for sure, BUT we will get there sloweky but surely, looking at others progress on here just Spurs me on amazingly!

I didn't loose very much on the pre op, but it's the liver we need to shrink not the rest of us, (to start with anyway!) so you never know what's going on in the inside! Baby steps, be strong.....and not long to go!!! Good luck. Xxx xxx

Thank you zobo I have to admit I am finding this extremely difficult, I'm just so tired all the time, I'm getting worried that this is it now, I'll never be able to eat as o did before so are my energy levels going to be like this from now on? How can I deal with the kids when I'm like this. I'm very unhappy and feel very alone. I really could just cry right now

Are you drinking enough.....I feel awful if not drinking enough! What pre diet are you doing?? Xxx

I'm doing the shake diet, so I'm supposed to have 4 shakes a day. Just to make things worse I've just been to boots to pick up my last lot as I run out tomorrow and the order didn't go through so I now have nothing after lunch tomorrow, they are saying 3-5 days as it's a special order, but I've been waiting a week and a half! Am really on the edge right now, really don't think I can do this

I'm doing the shake diet, so I'm supposed to have 4 shakes a day. Just to make things worse I've just been to boots to pick up my last lot as I run out tomorrow and the order didn't go through so I now have nothing after lunch tomorrow, they are saying 3-5 days as it's a special order, but I've been waiting a week and a half! Am really on the edge right now, really don't think I can do this

Yes you can!!!!! It's low fat low sugar (all to do with the glycogen stores!). DO not starve, that's just silly and you'll sabotage your pre diet, make a sensible choice and have a carb free stir fry tonight or salad, with lots and lots of protein (chicken breast or tuna) make a dressing or sauce (soy, balsamic, chilli etc). For breakfast make a protein not fat based omelet of the same......

Every provider gives you a different diet they ALL do the same!!! Reduce your glycogen store, minimise your fatty liver to make surgery easier.....it's just your surgeons train of thought, how they were taught, medical school, what area of research they and evidence based literature they use........

Sooooooooo, behave, you CAN do this, you just might need a different path for a couple of days. My pre-op diet, was real food, and very easy to follow, so I was lucky.

Sending lots of thoughts and love.....don't go through it alone, talk on here, they are all awesome!

Zxxxx

Omg, you just made me cry. I've just eaten a banana, I just had to have something and at least it's only a piece of fruit. It's just so hard with kids and hubby still eating, and I'm an emotional eater and have had a lot of crap going on, I just want to have a great big blow out!

Have spent several hours today trying to find my daughters ipad, which she has lost, and her behaviour has spiralled the last few days without it. It helps keep her busy, I just don't have the money right now to replace it, and I know that's my fault as the surgery is costing £7000. The only thing I can think is that her little friend who came over the other day has taken it, but I know that's unlikely.

I'm going to speak to the dietician about changing to the food based diet, I need this!

I have got to say I don't understand the liquid diets after all it's not real life is it do why do they suggest them. The real food diet is better for you, and you cab have the choice of loads of food, that's the one I did and was never hungry it was great. Good luck with the rest of your journey :)

Oh no.....I'm sorry.....I didn't mean to upset you....xxxx

No, you didn't upset me, it's just so lovely that a stranger cares! You guys are amazing, you all have your own struggles yet you find the time to answer my moans and groans!
I now have a food based diet in front of me where I can eat as much salad and green veg as I like! I can have 2 pieces off fruit a day on top of my 3 meals! I'm quite excited to be eating real food again! Lol, the list of allowed veg is a bit odd though! I mean Carrots are not listed? I know they are not green, but I'm pretty sure they are healthy!!

Ohhhh that's ok then! Carrots have lots of sugars, most root veg aren't included if I remember rightly?? I was also allowed 2 fat free yogurts...xxx

Soooooooo sooooo glad this is something you can do now! Xxx

Back