• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The great band journey

Yes, I lived on mushroom stir fry! Xx

Make sure you chew then well because they can get stuck and will take time to go down, advised by my team :)

I can't remember who's doing what, but chew well anyway practice homework for this week lol

Thanks mouse, yes I'm practicing eating slowly and chewing well, am struggling most with not drinking 30 mins either side of the meal!

It will happen because you feel full you can't or don't drink to soon after your eaten, I still forget but after the first sip I give up. It's hard to practice when you've not had the surgery. :)

Ok, so weigh day today
Starting weight 14st1
Week 1. 13st 7 (8lb)
Week 2. 13st 1 (6lb)
So total loss in 2 weeks is 1 whorls stone! Am so chuffed!!
So one more week on this pre op diet and I'm hoping for just 2 more little lbs to drop off, this will get me out of the teens!
8days until op ?

They're excellent results Moo - really well done.

Ok, so weigh day today Starting weight 14st1 Week 1. 13st 7 (8lb) Week 2. 13st 1 (6lb) So total loss in 2 weeks is 1 whorls stone! Am so chuffed!! So one more week on this pre op diet and I'm hoping for just 2 more little lbs to drop off, this will get me out of the teens! 8days until op ?

That's amazing!!! Well done :)

Ahhhh, just realised this time next week I'll be on the losers bench!!
Can I just ask is anyone else struggling with feeling cold? Now I've never been the warmest person in the world, but I'm constantly freezing! Is this due to the rapid weight loss??

I don't know about the rapid weight loss because mine is coming of slowly but I'm cold all the time now since the operation, but saying that I suffer with hot flushes from the menopause when I feel,like I'm cooking but then I'm back to being frozen again, my heating bill since I've had the op and being of has gone through the roof if you pardon the pun .

Last edited:
So I'm feeling pretty low today :-(
I guess I'm mourning all the food binges I'll not be able to have! How stupid am I?!? I feel like I just want one more meal where I can eat and feel that full feeling that I'm so fond of!
I'm sat here feeling awful I really could cry, I should be looking forward to the future not wanting to stuff my face!

5 days to go and am starting to wonder if I'm doing the right thing. ?

Just want to send you huge hug hunni :) wish i could tell you its all going to be ok but you just need to brave these feeling thru, you are still going to have these thoughts and feelings post op :( unfortunately the band wont help with the nightmare of our heads....

Black and white thinking here (its taken me a year to get here) do i want to be fat, unhealthy blah blah or do it want to be fit an thin(er) or am i happy somewhere in the middle?? no one can make that choice for you... i guess we all have those thoughts and feelings before we take that plunge....let face it, its a huge decision.... binges will have to become a thing of the past....we either need to look forward...head held high and prepared to face our fears and worries or stay where we are!!! change is a scary thing but IF you want change then grab it with both hands and go for it..... x x x x x x x

I am thank you
Was a bit naughty for tea and went off plan, but even after that my daily calories are only 814, I've been surviving on just 400 a day for the last week, but even so I'm sure one naughty meal won't ruin it all (at least I hope not)

Glad your feeling brighter at least :) its not about the calories mind.... its about shrinking your liver so as long as you didn't deviate too much and have lots of carbs...... all surgeons have different rules re the LSD i would certainly check it with your provider to make sure..... don't put your op at risk hunni ....just be strong you can do this

I know, back on it again now, I just couldn't do anything, had no energy left. I can't believe I'm the only person who has had a little wobble whilst on it. And I can't believe that one meal could undo all the work I've already done, so I'm sure if I stick to it for the next 5 days I'll be fine x

Back