• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Time off work

mybeaut

Hi all, just wondering how much time people took off work when they had bypass? I do an office job so sat down all day.

Thanks

I had my op on the Thurs and the following tues did a 12 hr shift, but I work from home, also everyone is different, I had no pain killers post op (wasn't in any pain at all) How do you get to work do you drive/catch a bus etc, all factors need to be considered.

Hi. I had my op on thursday & did an 8 hour shift at work on Saturday. I run my own business so i didn't need to excuse myself from doing anything strenuous. Was probably less so than being at home with the kids!!

band fitted 16.01.14

im going back next week after 4 weeks, could have easily gone back earlier but because of my job i have to err on the side of caution

I was back to my office job two weeks after the bypass and it was no problem! The only thing I found hard was eating lunch with everyone else, u don't feel hungry but seeing the sandwiches and wraps just made me a bit upset!

I could have gone back after 2weeks, driving fine, pain fine....but I am taking advantage of my accrued sick etc. That said, one of my wounds became infected & is still not fully healed but, in a desk job it wouldn't have made any difference.
I run a parcel del site, work 10-12-14hr days 5days & every other Sat so I need to be firing on all cylinders, not just being ok...and having open wound not an option.

What are your options??

I had two weeks off and that was more than enough, I was up and about in a couple of days.

I have a fab boss & I've told him I'm going to need 4 week off work, although I have asked if I can do some work at home I will go crazy having nothing to do after feeling kind of normalish after surgery day time tv annoys the hell out of me! I work in the next village so if I'm feeling up to it may do half days (office job) xx

3 1/2 weeks but I think only because I needed a blood transfusion and was totally wiped. Very little pain or discomfort so if it wasn't for being tired / dizzy would have gone back in 2 weeks.

Back